New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

OG Runner

That I've been on 4 times. But what do I know? ;)

Which could be different. Not trying to argue, but have you ever ridden Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland and then
in Disney World. They are very similar rides, but not actually the same. To state the queue will be shorter, etc. before the
ride is built, doesn't make sense.

lazyboy97o

Which could be different. Not trying to argue, but have you ever ridden Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland and then
in Disney World. They are very similar rides, but not actually the same. To state the queue will be shorter, etc. before the
ride is built, doesn't make sense.
The rides will be virtually identical. The queue area can be rather easily figured out based on public documents.

Professortango1

What was wrong with Kong?

It's half an experience. The big build up leads to an experience which is very one-note and nothing more than what is part of a larger attraction in Hollywood. Sure, there's a giant AA, but it doesn't do anything nor does it really effect the story. If they had added some practical show scenes and effects between screen moments, it would have been awesome. But as it is, I would rather wait in the queue than ride the actual ride.

Tom Morrow

Some more problems with Kong:

- no explanation of who these characters are, like Kate, and why you should care about them.
- More show scenes where you sit and observe action instead of it happening to you. The first two scenes are this. Half of the 360 scene is just you observing the fight.
- Pacing issues, especially if the outdoor portion is cut. Though it is better than most Universal attractions of late.
- Lack of a proper ending. I actually like the Kong animatronic scene, it’s a neat concept where you share a moment with him after he saved you. But there needed to be a scene after this. Instead, it was reduced to some onboard dialogue to wrap things up.

I think Kong is mediocre but I recognize it as a reasonable effort to make an E-ticket out of the Hollywood tram segment.

Also, nobody is raving about Ratatouille, I’m not really in favor of it, but it is nice for World Showcase to finally get another attraction.

Also, yes Disney also has screen rides but this is a knee-jerk counter argument because Disney has a much, much wider variety of attraction types, so the screen rides they DO have are not overkill. They also implement them better on non-simulator attractions and are generally used to enhance a scene, not be the scene.

UpAllNight

Some more problems with Kong:

- no explanation of who these characters are, like Kate, and why you should care about them.
- More show scenes where you sit and observe action instead of it happening to you. The first two scenes are this. Half of the 360 scene is just you observing the fight.
- Pacing issues, especially if the outdoor portion is cut. Though it is better than most Universal attractions of late.
- Lack of a proper ending. I actually like the Kong animatronic scene, it’s a neat concept where you share a moment with him after he saved you. But there needed to be a scene after this. Instead, it was reduced to some onboard dialogue to wrap things up.

I think Kong is mediocre but I recognize it as a reasonable effort to make an E-ticket out of the Hollywood tram segment.

Also, nobody is raving about Ratatouille, I’m not really in favor of it, but it is nice for World Showcase to finally get another attraction.

Also, yes Disney also has screen rides but this is a knee-jerk counter argument because Disney has a much, much wider variety of attraction types, so the screen rides they DO have are not overkill. They also implement them better on non-simulator attractions and are generally used to enhance a scene, not be the scene.

Kong is ok. Put it in most other parks in the world and it’d be much better received...put it in Universal, where they offered a better screen based ride nearly 2 decades ago, then it’s nothing special.

I have the issues with it you mentioned, but my my biggest issue is I simply expected it to be twice as good as it is. The feeling of being wowed. I got it with Gringotts, FJ, Spiderman, the Mummy. First time I went on JP, Popeye, Terminator, original Kong and Jaws.

Disneyhead'71

Here is a rough sketch of the layout. The trains will leave the station on the right side of the picture.

2018-05-12-14-10-41.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom