New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Rich T

It's an interesting notion, but do we have enough visual indication from the track construction to determine whether this would be a Blitz, Bike, or even Megalite Intamin?

Hourly capacity on these bike coasters is total garbage, too, and given the calamitous reliability of Rockit, I can't see Universal opting for a moving platform boarding system for a coaster any time this century.
The concept of a Hagrid motorcycle family coaster is so perfect for the land (it just feels *right*, & Hagrid's flying motorbike is a part of the Potterverse that even the most casual fans are familiar with) that I'm gonna just hope that article's on the nose. There's potential for thrills, comedy, heart and an AA or two or three. I agree capacity would have to be addressed for this idea to work. How about the dual loading platforms suggestion?

I'm afraid the dragons... *sniff* both of them.... are already gone.

Darn it! I didn't read the year! This is my first trip to Universal (12 days).. was hoping to fit it in before I'm back in December. Argh! Thanks for the head's up, though. I should really read the whole thread next time.. but 20 pages.. whew lol. Thanks bro. That stinks, though. I will have to believe you all that it was amazing.. but at least I don't have to feel the pain of it being gone, I suppose.

OG Runner

I'm also willing to bet that this is going to be a much better attraction than Tron.

In some ways I agree with you. I believe the Tron ride will be the same as the Tron ride Disney already has running.
The Harry Potter ride sounds like it will not be just a modified rollercoaster, but an immersive experience, geared
toward the Harry Potter fans.

UpAllNight

I'm also willing to bet that this is going to be a much better attraction than Tron.

Universal have a lot to prove after their recent output. In ways they can’t win, if this is great the question remains,.,,can they only build good rides now with Warner Bros and JK directing things.

OG Runner

But the same people on this site are all excited for Ratatouille, which has more screens, a shorter indoor queue and no animatronics. :bored:

Who is all excited for Ratatouille? Where did you get details of the ride that you can state is has a shorter indoor queue and no animatronics? I am not saying you are wrong, I am just questioning your source, given the construction has barely begun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom