New hands on dining reservation system?

kengrace

Original Poster
Not sure if this has been posted in the past, but I have just heard about something very exciting! I was asking a lady at the Dining reservation phone line about if they will ever make things more hands on, by allowing people to book on line (location, party size and time)... And much to my surprise, she said this service will be available (as soon as) late November. This is a good move by Disney Dining!!! Just thougt I would leave that.:sohappy:

Ken Grace, former (4 time College Program-98,99,2000), Full timer till 2001.

During a visit last winter, I was asked to be in a test group for this new website. I navigated through it and gave my comments about how easy/hard it was to use, etc. It was very interesting, and my final thought was "how soon will I be able to use this?" I'm glad to hear it will be up and running soon!

Philo

I like the idea on online dining but I am afraid it will be even harder to get a ressie now.

Looks like we will be up at 00.01am on the 180 day mark to make those reservations in future! I only hope it's more reliable than the Disney Website.

I like the idea though, it would be very useful if they have a couple of terminals in the resorts or in information to help you look for those last minute reservations.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Booking online should be easier. Sometimes you call and wait 15 minutes to talk to someone.

It should also be easier to "keep checking back" if something is booked you want opposed to calling back everyday.

Computer Magic

Booking online should be easier. Sometimes you call and wait 15 minutes to talk to someone.

It should also be easier to "keep checking back" if something is booked you want opposed to calling back everyday.
Maybe even a waiting list or notification via email if an ADR becomes available.

TomHendricks

I spoke with a concierge member while I was just down at DW and they said they will be rolling out this new web based reservation system to all the resorts to be tested before it goes online to the public.

DisneySaint

The only way this is gonna work is if they require credit card guarantees for ALL reservations. Otherwise people will circumvent whatever system they have in and make as many dining reservations as they want.

On a positive note, this will take a lot of pressure off Disney Dining from those folks calling and calling 100 times tying up the phone lines to see if a spot at LeCellier has opened up b/c they forgot to make it.

hcphish

Otherwise people will circumvent whatever system they have in and make as many dining reservations as they want.

People do that now, but what they don't realize (because Disney won't tell you they are doing it) they will cancel your first or second or third reservation if you try and make several reservations for the same time at differnt parks etc.

dreamfinder

Looks like we will be up at 00.01am on the 180 day mark to make those reservations in future! I only hope it's more reliable than the Disney Website.

I like the idea though, it would be very useful if they have a couple of terminals in the resorts or in information to help you look for those last minute reservations.

Maybe they will do 180 days to the hour? Change it to 180 from the meal not your stay? So a 6pm reservation goes online at 6pm 180 days out? Would give people more shots at stuff. Maybe......

DisneyMusician2

I actually hope there will be a mobile version of this service so that I can access it from my phone while I am out and about in the parks.

We have signs for wait times on rides, why not for seating at the table service locations?

I usually have all my ADR's planned WAY in advance, but it could never hurt...

biggy H

People do that now, but what they don't realize (because Disney won't tell you they are doing it) they will cancel your first or second or third reservation if you try and make several reservations for the same time at differnt parks etc.

If you don't give you reservation number how can they be sure they are all done by the same person? As long as you don't do them all at the same time they won't be sure.

MousDad

I actually like this idea. As long as the card can be refunded if you cancel a reasonable length of time before your ADR.

I think the idea should be get charged only if you don't show up and don't cancel. That's how Opentable works.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The only way this is gonna work is if they require credit card guarantees for ALL reservations. Otherwise people will circumvent whatever system they have in and make as many dining reservations as they want.

On a positive note, this will take a lot of pressure off Disney Dining from those folks calling and calling 100 times tying up the phone lines to see if a spot at LeCellier has opened up b/c they forgot to make it.

I hope that is the case. While I have no doubt that the system will potentially be a great benefit to making arrangements, as with so many other Disney "good ideas", people manage to find ways to abuse the system and ruin it for all.

I like the idea of requiring a credit card and charging $20 for a no-show. Hopefully the system will be "smart" enough not to allow double booking.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I like the idea of requiring a credit card and charging $20 for a no-show. Hopefully the system will be "smart" enough not to allow double booking.

I like your idea. Hopefully the risk of losing $20 repeatedly would take care of discouraging double bookings!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom