New hands on dining reservation system?

Here's an idea.

Only allow people who have booked with disney and have the disney reservation number to use the online service.

Thus, if they double-book or book too close....the earlier reservation will be cancelled.

That way people who do not have disney reservation numbers can still go through the phone system.

I would guess Disney has more control over people staying on site, so make it an additional perk for people staying at the parks...

and leave fastpass for all guests...

Just my two cents.

kengrace

Original Poster
Wow! Nice to see the empassioned response to my thread! I agree with all of you who have said there has to be some kind of accountability or monoring system to make this a very Guest-Friendly component to the Disney experience. As a former Cast Member, I used to use this system to book Guest reservations, but it is so nice to see that we all feel this could be better!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Im sure they will have some requirements. There is NO way they would just let you keep adding reservation after reservation. The trip reservation number is probably what youre going to need to have.

Bill Smugs

Looks like we will be up at 00.01am on the 180 day mark to make those reservations in future! I only hope it's more reliable than the Disney Website.

I like the idea though, it would be very useful if they have a couple of terminals in the resorts or in information to help you look for those last minute reservations.
hopefully they have better servers then dcl

Philo

Here's an idea.

Only allow people who have booked with disney and have the disney reservation number to use the online service.

Thus, if they double-book or book too close....the earlier reservation will be cancelled.

That way people who do not have disney reservation numbers can still go through the phone system.

I would guess Disney has more control over people staying on site, so make it an additional perk for people staying at the parks...

and leave fastpass for all guests...

Just my two cents.

That might be seen as two complex. Business will often avoid having two systems operating side by side, doing basically the same thing for different people.

My guess would be that they require you to register on the site, taking information such as e-mail address, postal address, phone numbers etc. That way they can lock reservations down to one per household - yes it's got it's problems and there are several ways to cheat the system but I would suspect that the effor of registering again with a different address etc would be too much effort for most.

This will also have it's problems such as if your a big party which plans to book two seperate tables at two seperate restaurants at the same time because you plan to split up. In these cases, I guess reverting back to the phone system is the only way but I suspect this is a very small number of people.

ryguy

I still think the 180 days out is a ridiculous number. I can't think of any good reason why you would have to make a reservation 180 days before your trip for food. The 180 is only fair to those who are super planners, the average traveler is not this . I like the old days where you had to make the reservation the day of and run like a mad men across epcot. Truthfully, only character dining should have advance reservations. 30 days would suffice. If they must have reservations than it should only be for half the restaurant,no more than two weeks out at the most. Anything else is overkill. I can't tell you how many reservations I have cancelled once I have gotten to the world for whatever reason. For example: weather, realizing your kids are terrified of the characters, etc.... At least I cancel them, think of how many people don't show and mess it up for everyone else. :mad:

DisneyMusician2

I don't mind a reservation window, as I am one of those people who wants to eat where they want to eat.

I think there should definately be a limit on double-booking and a penalty for no-showing a reservation, but wat time limit for cancelling? And what number or info could you possibly use to make sure that double bookings do not occur anyway? I can't imagine a system an intelligent person could not get around somehow.

Any ideas?

I agree that 180 days is too far. They don't release EMH schedules, so you can't guarantee that you will be able to make the most of your time...i.e., schedule meals in restaurants located in parks that stay open late.

Of course, the mouse may be doing that on purpose.

My only fear with the "requiring everyone to book with a credit card" thing is that disney is famous for letting people whine and moan and get their money back.

Aww, Freddie was sick, Jenny had to leave...don't charge me even though I didn't show up...I want my money back, where is your manager, and on and on.

Unless they have very strict guidelines, that are made known in a disclaimer, etc., etc. its going to be bad.

I hope some smart folks are working on this...because it could get really bad, really fast, and make people not want to visit, because "we can't even get a reservation at a place to eat."

That would not be good.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I agree that 180 days is too far. They don't release EMH schedules, so you can't guarantee that you will be able to make the most of your time...i.e., schedule meals in restaurants located in parks that stay open late.

Of course, the mouse may be doing that on purpose.

My only fear with the "requiring everyone to book with a credit card" thing is that disney is famous for letting people whine and moan and get their money back.

Aww, Freddie was sick, Jenny had to leave...don't charge me even though I didn't show up...I want my money back, where is your manager, and on and on.

Unless they have very strict guidelines, that are made known in a disclaimer, etc., etc. its going to be bad.

I hope some smart folks are working on this...because it could get really bad, really fast, and make people not want to visit, because "we can't even get a reservation at a place to eat."

That would not be good.

There is already a system in place that they use for some restaurants and the dinner shows. Just need to expand it.

While with more people using it, there are sure to be more hard luck stories as you described, the disclaimer and guidelines are already in place.

As for schedule, with a little bit of research you can estimate most dates.
Epcot show is always the same CP and HP in MK are always on the same days. I don't know that EMH really influences much as far as dining, do you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom