News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

mdcpr

This is the tram my kids are used to, so we're excited to ride the WDW gondolas.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There's a video of a CM closing the vents using a handle on the inside. I'll attach it once I find it.

Ok, starts at 3:27 if the link doesn't get you there in the first place.

As you can see, anyone can open and close those vented windows.

Excellent. There’s the answer and you can see the screens. It looks like a simple latching mechanism to open/close. Shouldn’t be too easy to break.

Goofyernmost

At least they won't smell like AC mold like the monorails.
I haven't been on a Monorail in four years or so, but, unless the odor within the Monorails is different then it was after that, they have had the same odor since 1983. It worked like the smell of popcorn, it had it's own distinct odor and was always the same. I always just assumed it was the bacteria killing chemical that was used to clean the Monorails that created that odor, I don't know that for sure, but, up until that point in time, I always remember them smelling the same. It has always seemed to me that the source was always a guess on the part of people that really couldn't identify it so they put the worst label on it that they could think of. Mold, could be, but, that would leave Disney open to many lawsuits from illnesses and allergies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom