News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Ripken10

Lockout-tagout station seen here:

I have to say, with the cloudy day, the gondola's really do not blend in well with the sky. Seeing it on video really makes them stand out. And with each one different colors, what were they going with here, hoping for lots of rainbows so they blend in?

GlacierGlacier

I have to say, with the cloudy day, the gondola's really do not blend in well with the sky. Seeing it on video really makes them stand out. And with each one different colors, what were they going with here, hoping for lots of rainbows so they blend in?
They're not supposed to blend in. They're colored vibrantly so they do the opposite.

The towers? Yes. The cars? Most certainly not.

fngoofy

Oh - I've never watched them. I didn't know he was in the new stuff. But is he portrayed as truly scary, like the classic villains and the ones in the newer feature animation?
He's not scary. Sometimes he's the "bad guy" other times he's helped in a pinch. Like after Goofy was turned into a baby by Professor VonDrake's time machine, Pete knew how to burb him.... Top, top, bottom, bottom, middle, middle, middle.

ImperfectPixie

He's not scary. Sometimes he's the "bad guy" other times he's helped in a pinch. Like after Goofy was turned into a baby by Professor VonDrake's time machine, Pete knew how to burb him.... Top, top, bottom, bottom, middle, middle, middle.
I remember that one! (My boys LOVED Clubhouse!)

brb1006

I can't be the only person who was actually expecting Pete to finally become a meetable character at the Disney Parks when "Pete's Silly Sideshow" finally opened for the Fantasyland Expansion.
40083499055_b400912849_b.jpg

Seeing him as a billboard along with his voice heard a couple times felt like such a tease.

joelkfla

I've seen similar stations in Switzerland. They give you the option of getting off or continuing to ride to the top of the mountain. Likewise, people can board the gondola as it slows down.
Same at Whistler B.C., and, from the YouTubes, at the La Paz, Bolivia, Mi Teleferico system. At La Paz, the doors open when the cabin reaches the unload platform, and remain open around the turn until it reaches the end of the the load platform. Passengers are blocked from exiting while the cabin rounds the turn at higher speed only by portable ropes placed along the platform edge. It will be interesting to see whether Disney thinks that's adequate, or they close and reopen the doors for the turn.

But Rob says he sees the cabins stopping inside the station. I believe he is mistaken, fooled by the distance and angle at which he is viewing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom