News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Question - I assume if the Skyliner opens in "fall", the Riviera Station will be a "pass through" with no loading/unloading of guests until the resort opens in December?

I don't remember this question being posed before is the reason I ask. I hope they don't wait until December to open the Skyliner to coincide with the opening of the new resort.

BeckyTheTechy

Question - I assume if the Skyliner opens in "fall", the Riviera Station will be a "pass through" with no loading/unloading of guests until the resort opens in December?

I don't remember this question being posed before is the reason I ask. I hope they don't wait until December to open the Skyliner to coincide with the opening of the new resort.

They will probably allow loading/unloading since it’s closer for people at CBR in Aruba section.

trainplane3

Really? How close is this to CBR? Is Riviera/CBR like a BLT/Contemporary setup?
Stations in red, Riviera in blue.
Pretty close honestly.

matt9112

I don't think you will find a child, experiencing his/her first attempt to drive a car like dad and mom speaking out about how yucky the Speedway is. Let the kids have something can't you? And unless you got to WDW on the wings of an angel, please don't regale us with the evil of polluting our world.

we dont agree often but this is spot on kudos.

GlacierGlacier

Disney unveiled a bunch of Skyliner merchandise!

My wish came true.
This makes me want a gondola tree ornament
Available in the gift shop for just $21.99. Shall we wrap that for you?
If the thing actually costs $21.99, someone give JoeCamel an award for being a prophet.
I’d be shocked if your wish doesn’t come true...
Almost guaranteed there will be a new one every year.
Take notice Disney! GlaicerGlacier has freely given you an idea for merch.
I demand royalties. Or an internship. Or booth.
Oh Glacier, just you wait.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I hadn't heard that one. I know a CM was killed on the one in Disneyland. I'm sure the the legal department has a lot of input on those things.

I guest "fell" out of one of the cars and landed in a tree and tried to sue. the case was dismissed when the guest admitted that the fall was not accidental. A CM was killed in WDW by the skyway when he was cleaning an area of the ride and got hit by a car. This really can't be blamed on the ride, it was a clear case of not following proper safety procedures.

Goofyernmost

I guest "fell" out of one of the cars and landed in a tree and tried to sue. the case was dismissed when the guest admitted that the fall was not accidental. A CM was killed in WDW by the skyway when he was cleaning an area of the ride and got hit by a car. This really can't be blamed on the ride, it was a clear case of not following proper safety procedures.
Thanks, I hadn't heard about the non-accident, but, thought the CM incident was in DL. Thanks for correcting that, and also it ran for quite a while after the CM incident didn't it?

Phil12

Thanks, I hadn't heard about the non-accident, but, thought the CM incident was in DL. Thanks for correcting that, and also it ran for quite a while after the CM incident didn't it?

note2001

Heartbreaking. Sounds like it was not the custodian's fault at all. I assume Disney now has Lockout-tagout methods in place when maintenance is being done.

Communicore

I believe that a large reason had to do with two things. One, was that it was said that some of the less highly evolved riders were dropping things down on the people below and that some spitting was involved as well. Two, was that there were no restraints around them to prevent the same less highly evolved riders from falling out of them. As far as ADA was concerned, as long as they didn't remodel or improve it, there was no requirement to follow ADA regulation. Touch it for upgrade and then it was un-grandfathered.
Yes, there were people who dropped sodas on purpose from the Skyway. I’ve seen quite a few, and pretty much all the victim can do is shake their fists and mumble unintelligible expletives.

peter11435

I assume you are talking about the wooden board which would just be during construction.

How is this sort of thing handled in normal operation? For example if someone is working in the path of the cars at Riviera what is the process to prevent the line from getting started up back in the hub?
Disney uses their own Lock out tag out style system. All attractions already utilize this process.

Last edited:

Lift Blog

I assume you are talking about the wooden board which would just be during construction.

How is this sort of thing handled in normal operation? For example if someone is working in the path of the cars at Riviera what is the process to prevent the line from getting started up back in the hub?
If there is a lockout stop in at Riviera, the lift won't start. All stations would see something like "RST Maintenance Lockout" on their screens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom