News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

SLUSHIE

I think it's just poor planning in how the resort was designed that makes many other types of transportation not really efficient. Think of a subway etc. where its more linear and there are stops every few block or so. Things at WDW are so all over the place that something like the busses are still the best option. There is little value in it for Disney to make a system that only connects the parks together, and when you try to add some resort stops in there is just becomes a complete mess.

Thelazer

"
That's what Disney use to be known for!!

Breaking new ground, unfortunately now the game is mostly about playing it safe. Especially with anything that isn't directly profit driven."

It's what happens when you have people moved into leadership roles, who never worked in the operational roles directly.
Among other issues.

bUU

I hope people aren't suggesting that the parks should have been designed in the most efficient manner possible, as a grid system like Manhattan.

SLUSHIE

I hope people aren't suggesting that the parks should have been designed in the most efficient manner possible, as a grid system like Manhattan.

That would kind of go against an issue the original deisgn of Disney World was supposed to solve. Everything was going to be connected by monorial route in more or less a straight line from the airport through to the Magic Kingdom.

Texas84

The view from near my room. Gondolas were out running Monday.
20190427_193945004_iOS.jpg

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Not sure this has been posted.....the Skyliner tower closest to the Hollywood Studios station has been painted tan, which has a more pleasing appearance than the mottled steel gray towers.

Edit: Thanks to all the sharp-eyed posters who corrected my statement. I had forgotten this tower was painted previously. I will pay better attention. Nevertheless, I appreciate all those who "like" the photos and updates.

IMG_1286.JPG

Under the Skyliner towers in the wooded area between the Hollywood Studios parking lot and the Caribbean Beach resort Skyliner station, what appears to be large gravel has been spread out over the "corrugated" black sub-surface. (Pardon the blurred photo, taken from a moving vehicle.)

IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom