• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner

joelkfla

And I guess my questions were more related to how that would be handled. Would the cabins get wiped down? Continue to ferry water around, to get wet? I've seen people slip and fall on the monorail floors etc, so I guess it was all a curiosity thing.
The benches are slotted to allow water to drain to the floor. Probably designed that way for all the snow-covered skiers.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Advertisement
The view would have been the same, but at least you wouldn't have a giant tower of galvanized steel in your face. It could have been a nice powder coating of go-away blue or green. ;)

The path chosen made it clear they didn't care about the views from certain areas of CBR from day one.
If they painted them blue people might just assume they are part of the Guardians ride. ;)

Kman101

How much of a concern is this really, given that the gondolas will be filled with soaked guests at every occurrence of "rain o'clock", regardless of whether the windows are open or not?
I wouldn't say it even ever occurred to me about rain going through the vents. So for me it felt like a genuine question, not "omg i'm panicking about this" ... lol. Not every question is someone panicked ...

I just don't get the annoyance over a question like that. It seemed valid to me. Not panic driven like the no AC stuff. And I don't recall it ever being discussed, but it probably was. And while most of us read every page and post, not everyone does ...

Kman101

I have no doubt they of course took rain into consideration, but personally, I hadn't even thought about the rain until that poster asked the question. Sometimes too, people ask questions but maybe didn't think about it? Not everyone's a troll trying to ask for an answer they already know.

Sometimes it isn't what you're saying but how you say it. Like some other posters. It's not the answer it's the snarky condescending tone. And I love snark as much as the next person ...

Eh. I shouldn't have even said anything. Sorry for asking people to be a little nicer ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

WDWtraveler

Premium Member
Photo update as of Tuesday, March 26, 2019. The Riviera Skyliner station construction progress. This is the view from across the lake looking northwest.

A "banded" or "striped" pavement can be viewed at the approach and departure ends of the Skyliner station.

The main Skyliner station at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

While visiting the Caribbean Beach Resort, the gondolas were moving between here and Hollywood Studios. Two gondolas were "unwrapped"; a yellow and a blue gondola.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
Photo update as of Tuesday, March 26, 2019. The Riviera Skyliner station construction progress. This is the view from across the lake looking northwest.

View attachment 359647

A "banded" or "striped" pavement can be viewed at the approach and departure ends of the Skyliner station.

View attachment 359650
Is that the "danger zone"?

(Sing along -- you know the tune...)
Sittin’ in your cabin
Listen to the cable sing
Clamps are grabbing wires
There’s no air conditioning.

Skyway to the danger zone!
Ride into the danger zone.

Heading to attractions
Folding up your stroller tank
The door will open quickly
Kids that cry will get a spank

Skyway to the Danger Zone!
Will take you
Right into the danger zone!

You’ll never ride a bus again
Until you head to the Magic Kingdom
You’ll never see all that you can
Until you ride that line to EPCOT!

Get out of the cabin
Put that stroller up and ride
Tap your Magic Band
There’s no place that you can hide.

Skyway to the Danger Zone
It’s gonna take you
Right into the DANGER ZONE!...

Skyway to the Danger Zone…

KBLovesDisney

Is that the "danger zone"?

(Sing along -- you know the tune...)
Sittin’ in your cabin
Listen to the cable sing
Clamps are grabbing wires
There’s no air conditioning.

Skyway to the danger zone!
Ride into the danger zone.

Heading to attractions
Folding up your stroller tank
The door will open quickly
Kids that cry will get a spank

Skyway to the Danger Zone!
Will take you
Right into the danger zone!

You’ll never ride a bus again
Until you head to the Magic Kingdom
You’ll never see all that you can
Until you ride that line to EPCOT!

Get out of the cabin
Put that stroller up and ride
Tap your Magic Band
There’s no place that you can hide.

Skyway to the Danger Zone
It’s gonna take you
Right into the DANGER ZONE!...

Skyway to the Danger Zone…
That...was...beautiful.

Edward Jackson

View attachment 359647

View attachment 359650

View attachment 359648

View attachment 359649

The main Skyliner station at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

View attachment 359651

While visiting the Caribbean Beach Resort, the gondolas were moving between here and Hollywood Studios. Two gondolas were "unwrapped"; a yellow and a blue gondola.

View attachment 359652

View attachment 359653
Is it just me or does the orange gondola look larger than the blue gondola?

Top Bottom