News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

nickys

Premium Member
No, and that has never been the case.

They will slam you for saying that there will be A/C when it's been clear for a long time there won't.

They will slam you for making outrageous claims about what the lack of A/C will do to you.

But, if you say, "I wish they would have put A/C in them", you won't get "slammed."

Hmmmm, sure about that? @The Mom has issued countless warnings that discussion about a/c should desist!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hmmmm, sure about that? @The Mom has issued countless warnings that discussion about a/c should desist!

That was back when people were in denial about there being no A/C and refused to take no for an answer. And then when the reality hit, they asserted all sorts of horrible things will happen if there were no A/C.

It was never about someone expressing a preference for A/C being problematic.

Goofyernmost

I apologize if this has been posted before, but this is a different looking cab with Beauty and the Beast.

View attachment 359567
If this has been posted before, I apologize. What you are looking at are two gondolas on two separate lines. One is going one way and one is going the other. One has the characters and the other doesn't. The closest one you cannot see the line it is attached to but you can see the door assembly the other that is going the opposite direction has the door on the other side of it.

Kamikaze

If this has been posted before, I apologize. What you are looking at are two gondolas on two separate lines. One is going one way and one is going the other. One has the characters and the other doesn't. The closest one you cannot see the line it is attached to but you can see the door assembly the other that is going the opposite direction has the door on the other side of it.

He was just pointing out that it had a character wrap.

ThistleMae

Well.. pushback maybe. There's a difference between:

I wish they were A/C'd.
I'm sure they're going to A/C them!
I can't imagine what they'd be like without A/C!
This won't work at all without A/C.
People will be harmed if there's no A/C and the system stops!!
I asked this question somewhere, about what if the system breaks down in the heat and you are stranded above water. They said they have emergency back up plans for all scenarios, to safely get passengers out of them.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I asked this question somewhere, about what if the system breaks down in the heat and you are stranded above water. They said they have emergency back up plans for all scenarios, to safely get passengers out of them.
That's right. That's why I won't ride the Skyliner unless I'm in my bathing suit.

Janir

If someone got off while the cabin was turning, they'd be stuck between the inner and outer loops with no way to get out.

At La Paz, they put ropes along the edge of the platform where they don't want people getting off while the doors are open. By ropes, I mean the flat fabric ones used for temporary queues. But La Paz does not have the double loops. I don't know whether that would be safe enough at Disney.

Come to think of it, where the inner loop cabins cross the path of the outer loop, there would be no platform, and no way to put up a rope without blocking cabins taking the 2nd loop.

Always bet on stupidity. I used to work for a spy themed bar/restaurant with various gadgets and gags in the place and the amount of over-engineering you need to do to keep people from doing things you don't want them to do so they don't get hurt is surprisingly higher than you ever think of. YOu idiot -proof something and sooner or later they build a better idiot.
The big centerpiece attraction was a spy elevator that opened from a deli's "cooler", elevator car slid open one wall let you into the car, the car shook on a spring bed, blew some air from vents, did Doppler effect adjusted sounds of various floors as you passed them, and then the end the elevator car back wall blew open to let you into the restaurant. People would try the elevator buttons which didn't do anything. But they would try to blow open the door early, or try to open the entrance sliding elevator door to go backwards, to attempt to open the vents or button panels or to get at the speakers behind walls, anything you can think of that had nothing to do with just riding in the car until the "ride" was done in a minute.
Wish I had David Younger's Theme Park Design & The Art of Themed Entertainment back then. Hell I wish I had come to love Disney parks way back then, I had a starting background in themed attractions. ;)

truecoat

I comes in a dark blue can with a bat symbol on it. :D

Sharks don't stand a chance.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Always bet on stupidity. I used to work for a spy themed bar/restaurant with various gadgets and gags in the place and the amount of over-engineering you need to do to keep people from doing things you don't want them to do so they don't get hurt is surprisingly higher than you ever think of. YOu idiot -proof something and sooner or later they build a better idiot.
The big centerpiece attraction was a spy elevator that opened from a deli's "cooler", elevator car slid open one wall let you into the car, the car shook on a spring bed, blew some air from vents, did Doppler effect adjusted sounds of various floors as you passed them, and then the end the elevator car back wall blew open to let you into the restaurant. People would try the elevator buttons which didn't do anything. But they would try to blow open the door early, or try to open the entrance sliding elevator door to go backwards, to attempt to open the vents or button panels or to get at the speakers behind walls, anything you can think of that had nothing to do with just riding in the car until the "ride" was done in a minute.
Wish I had David Younger's Theme Park Design & The Art of Themed Entertainment back then. Hell I wish I had come to love Disney parks way back then, I had a starting background in themed attractions. ;)
Where is that? I've got to go try that out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom