News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Grimley1968

Well, another question is whether standing is allowed or possible or expected. People stand on monorails, boats, and buses. If the expectation or allowance is standing, then I can see 10 people being more likely.

If those gondolas lean forward on station exit and lean back on station entry like those videos have shown, I'd want to be seated.

NearTheEars

Any thoughts on if they will be scanning bands for resort guests when this system launches? Because there will be plenty of lookie-loos (like me) jamming up the lines just to ride it for fun and not transport.

I’m not talking permanently, but just wondering about the first few weeks/months.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I agree with you, but people still cram themselves into elevators when needed... but for this longer (though not too long) journey, I'd still expect more people to push back.

This is the same place where you physically stand next to people for upwards of two hours in line... with no choice in the matter.

People will get used to it once they get over themselves.

MickeyMinnieMom

This is the same place where you physically stand next to people for upwards of two hours in line... with no choice in the matter.

People will get used to it once they get over themselves.
Standing next to people in line is hardly the same as being locked in a closed space. We'll see... I'd still be surprised if they ever get over 8 people/gondola as an average.

Cmdr_Crimson

I was searching around these posts but, didn't get much of an answer...But, Have they mention how it will work for Pop/AoA guests who are coming from their resort to the Epcot Line..As it decends into the Caribbean beach Hub will it slow down for guests who are transferring to DHS Line and guests who are going on to continue to Epcot stay on and slowly move as any other guests are jumping on to those gondolas? Or is it just a transfer hub where you get off to switch to both parks?

Grimley1968

I was searching around these posts but, didn't get much of an answer...But, Have they mention how it will work for Pop/AoA guests who are coming from their resort to the Epcot Line..As it decends into the Caribbean beach Hub will it slow down for guests who are transferring to DHS Line and guests who are going on to continue to Epcot stay on and slowly move as any other guests are jumping on to those gondolas? Or is it just a transfer hub where you get off to switch to both parks?

CBR is the hub of the entire system. Anyone heading to this station has to get off and transfer to another line or go into CBR.

Doug Means

Any thoughts on if they will be scanning bands for resort guests when this system launches? Because there will be plenty of lookie-loos (like me) jamming up the lines just to ride it for fun and not transport.

I’m not talking permanently, but just wondering about the first few weeks/months.
My brother's wives wife's second cousin's best friend's daughter is a cast member that works in a shop at MK says that they will be doing something about that

Last edited:

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
My brother's wives second cousin's best friend's daughter is a cast member that works in a shop at MK says that they will be doing something about that
Well, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night(Edited to remain on topic) become the first one to ride a Gondola, while it was still in Test Mode. Rumor is he was singing Danca Shaun to the people below. It must be pretty serious further along then we thought ;)

Last edited:

JoeCamel

That's what I said - it's psychological.
We're conditioned to expect to share large spaces with large amounts of people.
Small spaces feel personal, and sharing them with just a couple of people is odd and uncomfortable.
Witness: Elevators.
I ride alone with other families on the Hogwarts express. About the same length of time in a smaller space. No one is uncomfortable, they are watching the window and the passageway action and most appreciate that I seem to understand what is happening with the story. IT is the same here, look out the window and count how many deer you can spot or count alligators if that is your thing. Or- don't stay at a gondola resort and take alternate transportation between DHS and Epcot. About as much problem as getting into a flaming cab of death that will surely drop into the alligator infested swamp and by the time the brain eating amoebas are done with your grey matter your worry about being "uncomfortable" for 5 minutes will be far in the past.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I doubt they will do this. Most of the joy riding would tend to happen during the day when the system will have more then enough capacity.

Incomudro

I ride alone with other families on the Hogwarts express. About the same length of time in a smaller space. No one is uncomfortable, they are watching the window and the passageway action and most appreciate that I seem to understand what is happening with the story. IT is the same here, look out the window and count how many deer you can spot or count alligators if that is your thing. Or- don't stay at a gondola resort and take alternate transportation between DHS and Epcot. About as much problem as getting into a flaming cab of death that will surely drop into the alligator infested swamp and by the time the brain eating amoebas are done with your grey matter your worry about being "uncomfortable" for 5 minutes will be far in the past.

Glad you like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom