News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
IG Dock walls are down

Lift Blog

Great video:

If you watch toward the end he shows in slow motion the door-closing mechanism at work, and it's definitely mechanical and not electrical.

My understanding is CWA is working on electric gondola doors but they are not available quite yet. The French competitor is live with theirs already. Also these cabins are definitely Omega IVs, not Omega Vs.

Incomudro

@2:13, he speculates about potential future inclusion. I think that's what he's referring to.

I step into this warily...
I suppose there could be some validity to the idea that there could be a retrofit if passengers indicated too much suffering down the line.

JoeCamel

We may be in luck! My girlfriend, who is afraid of heights, not so much LOL
My 10yo daughter has expressed some trepidation about riding these, but I keep telling her she'll be fine. I hope I'm right and she doesn't really freak out on me!
Just ask them to leave the wrapper on your cabin
Never know how high you are. Might roast faster though...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Great video:

If you watch toward the end he shows in slow motion the door-closing mechanism at work, and it's definitely mechanical and not electrical.

This is when vloggers need to learn that just because you capture it.. doesn't really make you qualified to describe it. Grab your video, then grab a subject matter expert to describe it with you on your videos.

This is like learning about modeling from this guy..

joelkfla

Battery capacitor. LOL. Which one is it? They are not the same thing.
Probably supercapacitors. That's what's used now on wireless trams (streetcars) because they can be charged very quickly. I think they're also used to run the a/c on the Emirates Airline London gondolas. They work like a super-fast charging battery, so I understand the confusion.

I enjoy his videos, but his technical info is often sketchy. I appreciated the explanations of the charging and door mechanism (that's the first time I've really seen the door operation clearly), but I'm wondering if he's passing on what someone (like Vonroll101) told him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom