News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

DisneyOutsider

I was going to start a thread on that but you beat me to it. I can't say I didn't think of Disney's gondola system when I saw this. To be clear, I'm not pooh poohing Disney's gondola but, come on, anyone on this forum who saw this story would probably immediately think of Disney's gondola system one way or the other.

Yes, who among us didn't want to start a squealing panic-thread proclaiming that this is exactly what's in store for Disney's Skyliner... just like we do every time a roller coaster at insert random regional theme park malfunctions and causes hardship directly applicable to every ride system at WDW? There surely wasn't another on-going and prominent thread on the front page of the forum where this would have fit right in /s

Of course

flynnibus

Premium Member
A power outage by itself does not typically require a rope evacuation. Something must have happened (or not happened!) with the backup system as well. Sounds like SeaWorld’s evacuation plan is “call the fire department.”

If a safety tripped... like. A brittle bar.. would they be able to bypass that normally? Or I guess since you can’t really inspect the alarm if it’s inaccessible you have to err towards respecting it even if it looks ok from the ground..

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

SeaWorld gondolas failure. From reports breakers were tripped due to unusually cold frost conditions and a burst of wind. That’s ok it is never frosty or suddenly windy in Orlando.🤔

Frost? In San Diego? Visited many times in December. While cool, no frost. You'd have to get in the low 30s for frost. San Diego's climate is temperate, due to being on the ocean and part of semi-arid Southern CA.

CA gets powerful ocean-based storms in the winter. So a "large gust of wind" isn't unusual.

Bender123

A power outage by itself does not typically require a rope evacuation. Something must have happened (or not happened!) with the backup system as well. Sounds like SeaWorld’s evacuation plan is “call the fire department.”

Holy cow...Its a 1967 system and is the same model as the old MK Skyway. Im not sure they considered power outage plans in those days...

iowamomof4

And yet they still ride in cars, buses, trains, and airplanes after news stories of those vehicles crashing.

Only a small fraction of people will even hear of this story.
When I say "general public", I guess I'm thinking about even the people here who were already pretty sure they weren't going to ride the Skyliner just because of their fears, this will only confirm for them that they were right to be afraid. I can't wait (/s) for this to blow up in my FB Disney groups. That'll be fun. ha

The Empress Lilly

The premise of the thread title is wrong. For a fee I will reveal TWDC’s actual future nightmare. Hint: It might be the inability to shut down George’s EPcot.
images

Goofyernmost

Yes because I’m pretty sure I would be injured or killed by the heart attack I would have ;)
As said a million times before... you are in luck because you never have any need to ride one. Just don't stay at a Gondola Resort and you can happily ride the bus or take a boat or monorail. (The Monorail has the same long way down problem as the Gondola's. with no easy escape.)

HiJe

I think evacuations will be easy. It's just a matter of sweeping up your melted parts into a small bucket since it will be a thousand degrees inside those boxes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom