News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I want to see the bus that can take the route that the gondola takes.

Driver

By testing and trials do you mean the actual cabins with the ā€œwrapā€ or cover off and actual people inside? We have seen some video and pictures of the gondolas testing but they are still wrapped.
Wrap on , and start up CM's going through procedures . Looking for bugs and hiccups etc. Don't expect to see anything soon this process will take a while.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It could be years and years before it does, however. I know a lot of lifts at ski resorts have NEVER been fully evac'd.

That's why I said 'at some point' - not suggesting it's a common thing - but it will happen. Disney will work hard to prevent it - but ultimately there will be some scenario where they can't - or won't - advance the cabins on one of the lines and the people will have to be evac'd. But even when that does happen, I don't fear people melting for being stuck in the heat.

It's just probability. And given WDW will run more hours a day, more days a year, than most systems... they have to work that much harder to reduce their chances of the probability actually leading to a halt.

champdisney

We do know the systemā€™s capabilities because it is a known product. It a Doppelmayr D-Line, the latest model from one of the industry leaders and several generations removed from the old Von Roll Type 101s that is at SeaWorld San Diego and was at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom.
Iā€™m referring to it having a cooling system and speed capabilities as referenced before. Has this all been confirmed already?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom