News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

If it's like other turn stations I've seen, the car comes off the cable for the turn and re-engages at the far end of the station. Timing would be tight, but a car could stop for a couple of seconds...
I don't claim to be a knowledgeable Gondola expert, but, it would seem to me that there would be a few (1 or 2) Gondola sitting stationary at the far end of the turn. When It has a passenger loaded they reengage it and it joins the rest of the units on the line. In order to keep the interim spacing they would have to take one empty car for everyone that is sent out. The new one will just take the place of the one that was taken off line at that time. None of that happens until it is loaded and just waits for the proper time to be joined to the active line. It might not work that way at all, but, it just seems to me that like in busing which is called bumping. As soon as one is able to leave another joins the line behind it.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I don't claim to be a knowledgeable Gondola expert, but, it would seem to me that there would be a few (1 or 2) Gondola sitting stationary at the far end of the turn. When It has a passenger loaded they reengage it and it joins the rest of the units on the line. In order to keep the interim spacing they would have to take one empty car for everyone that is sent out. The new one will just take the place of the one that was taken off line at that time. None of that happens until it is loaded and just waits for the proper time to be joined to the active line. It might not work that way at all, but, it just seems to me that like in busing which is called bumping. As soon as one is able to leave another joins the line behind it.

Like this?

I think this would make for a fun time.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I know how forums work. Some of us don’t have all day to spend reading every word, particularly when they haven’t been here for years and >50% of the posts are jokes about gators eating people before or after they’ve been broiled.

So I asked a question and received two quick and excellent answers. Many thanks to THOSE posters.
Hey, you're welcome! Glad to help. :cautious:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

He was talking about Riviera which won't have the extra loops since the line passes through the station. With that said, I think what you are saying makes a lot of sense for the other stations. When they cars get into the stations they are going to be pretty close together, so, as you say, the only way they could go back on the line is if there is a gap left my removing another car.

Goofyernmost

He was talking about Riviera which won't have the extra loops since the line passes through the station. With that said, I think what you are saying makes a lot of sense for the other stations. When they cars get into the stations they are going to be pretty close together, so, as you say, the only way they could go back on the line is if there is a gap left my removing another car.
OK, sorry about thinking it was about the others. My bad! I am curious to see if that is how they work it. I can't think of any other way to keep everything pretty much in balance.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Riviera could be set up to have more gondolas in the station than the other stations which would mean that the gondolas in that station would be moving slower than the gondolas in the other stations. So, e.g., instead of a gondola crawling by at 3 mph, their gondolas may be going 1 mph.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom