• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner

nickys

Premium Member
Raise your hand if you've read EVERY post on this thread

Not I
Ummm, yes!

I first started reading it when it was around 75 pages long, took a couple of evenings to catch up. Since then, I have it on watch and it’s one of about 4 that I make a point of catching up on at least every other day.

And I know I’ve said this before but it’s worth repeating every so often - the way this was pieced together by @danlb_2000, @P_Radden and others was nothing short of brilliant! Kudos guys, once again.

Rutt

Oy vey, vhat a mashugana that goy was.

There are at least 12000 posts on this thread that would say that you must have a death wish. You, and apparently, three others, including myself, cannot wait to ride them.
Count me in too! And I'm terrified of everything!!

Goofyernmost

You know you may joke but I can bet that there will be some support facebook group or page about how someone rode this and didn't die. It's like the people who clap when the airplane lands normally... :facepalm:
If you have been on the train in Harry Potter's world at Uni, you are familiar with the window projections. Years ago as I was getting on a plane I would utter the words from an old Bill Cosby record... "Sure hope the plane don't crash!" After many flights I finally realized what is happening with airplanes. I came to this realization when on my first flight on a Jumbo jet. I was able to figure it out. Anyone that has been on those monsters know logically that there isn't a chance of a snowball in hell of that thing ever getting airborne. So what happens is that there is a special road that those jets run on, never leaving the ground, and projecting images of looking down at clouds, ant sized buildings appearing to be way below. With a loop that shows the window image of being in a plane that is taking off and at the end of a plane landing and assorted potholes on the pavement simulating turbulence it just seems real. So it cannot fall from the sky because it never actually takes off. That had a calming affect on me. That is also what will be happening with the Gondola's, so everyone should just relax.

Last edited:

Doug Means

If you have been on the train in Harry Potter's world at Uni, you are familiar with the window projections. Years ago as I was getting on a plane I would utter the words from an old Bill Cosby record... "Sure hope the plane don't crash!" After many flights I finally realized what is happening with airplanes. I came to this realization when on my first flight on a Jumbo jet. I was able to figure it out. Anyone that has been on those monsters know logically that there isn't a chance of a snowball in hell of that thing ever getting airborne. So what happens is that there is a special road that those jets run on, never leaving the ground, and projecting images of looking down at clouds, ant sized buildings appearing to be way below. With a loop that shows the window image of being in a plane that is taking off and at the end of a plane landing and assorted potholes on the pavement simulating turbulence it just seems so real. So it cannot fall from the sky because it never actually takes off. That had a calming affect on me. That is also what will be happening with the Gondola's, so everyone should just relax.

o_O

Top Bottom