News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

I wonder just how claustrophobic it will be in one of these with 15 people. It's good to see the photo though to give an idea of how large the cabin is.
I have no inside information about this but, I don't think you will have to worry about 15 or even 10 per Gondola. It will be mostly one or two families or one and a few stragglers . The only reason I say that is that there is a continuing line of Gondolas moving constantly they don't have to cram people into a single Gondola. I don't see them doing that even at closing. We shall see I guess, but, I truly doubt there will be a need to pack them in.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have no inside information about this but, I don't think you will have to worry about 15 or even 10 per Gondola. It will be mostly one or two families or a few stragglers . The only reason I say that is that there is a continuing line of Gondolas moving constantly they don't have to cram people into a single Gondola. I don't see them doing that even at closing. We shall see I guess, but, I truly doubt there will be a need to pack them in.
Agreed. If the stated capacity from the manufacturer is 10 they won’t allow 15 on for safety. I would imagine they would limit to something even less than nameplate capacity like 8 people as a standard practice and in most cases groups of 4 to 8 will probably get their own cabin. Individuals or couples traveling together will probably get put in with strangers but I don’t see them making 2 families of 4 cram in together unless it’s really backed up which shouldn’t happen very often.

Amused to Death

He also stated that this is "only the start" of the system and will eventually include AK and Disney Springs.

They can go ahead and include the MK, too, and they'll hear no complaints from me. I'll take a bucket with what will likely be just my own family instead of having to be packed like sardines into a 30-year-old monorail cabin that smells like kitty litter and wet bandaids. I also don't find the gondola towers to be any more unsightly than monorail beams that have grown black with grime.

Yes, I know, ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

imarc

They can go ahead and include the MK, too, and they'll hear no complaints from me. I'll take a bucket with what will likely be just my own family instead of having to be packed like sardines into a 30-year-old monorail cabin that smells like kitty litter and wet bandaids. I also don't find the gondola towers to be any more unsightly than monorail beams that have grown black with grime.

Yes, I know, ain't gonna happen.

Jim said that was "phase 5" of the plan, so not in the near future.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@Lift Blog , When do you think we will start seeing cable being strung? It seems as if the Hollywood studios to the transfer station leg has all the required towers up now.
So far the consensus of the thread is "by/around Halloween."
I wouldn’t think so early. But before year end. I’d also not expect it to begin here.

He also stated that the cars will load from one side and unload from the other which I don't think is possible, although he could be mis-interpreting "load from one side of the station and unload from the other". He also stated that this is "only the start" of the system and will eventually include AK and Disney Springs.
AFAIK there is no phase two. East - west connections are proposed, but not with this system. Nor with that layout.

Bender123

I wouldn’t think so early. But before year end. I’d also not expect it to begin here.

AFAIK there is no phase two. East - west connections are proposed, but not with this system. Nor with that layout.

You can keep saying it, but that's not going to mean people are going to listen to it...I think you said this back around page 100 and a few times since then.

Lensman

unless you're dealing with a government entity, be wary of any plan containing a 'phase 5'
... or anyone that would espouse such a thing, particularly if regarding twdc :p
Is "phase 5" worse than "Phase IV"?
PhaseIV.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We anticipate they will be colored like this...

dtnemail-SKYLINER_DTN-45ad4.jpg
Will riders be allowed to wait for specific gondolas decorated with their favorite characters?

And, of course, will there be Skyliner photo towers with cameras to snap Photopass photos of families enjoying this ground-breaking mode of transportation in Florida?

Bocabear

Will riders be allowed to wait for specific gondolas decorated with their favorite characters?

And, of course, will there be Skyliner photo towers with cameras to snap Photopass photos of families enjoying this ground-breaking mode of transportation in Florida?
No, but there will be a gift shop at the Skyliner Terminal where you can purchase a model of your favorite skyliner car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom