News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Exactly....I live in Ocean City, MD and I’d be sorely disappointed if in building the Boardwalk Inn Disney carbon copied my home town. Essentially what hey did is take a seaside town, keep the charm and filter it the riff raff and crap that sucks about beach towns. If anyone feels like Disney’s Boardwalk would be improved by adding in gaudy t shirt shops and water ice stands we’re going to have to agree to disagree. I’ll take Ample Holls any day.

In the same vein I’m glad they left the daily human sacrifices out of the theming at Coronado Springs’ pool.

BoardWalk board walk already has clothing shops. But as a deluxe hotel, it's not cheap ripoffs. It's expensive ripoffs.

While Ample Hills is nice, they certainly could use a sno-cone, soft serve custard, cotton candy, funnel cake, orangeade, NY style pizza, calzones, hot dogs, etc... vendors. Not to mention a rockin' arcade.

Disney certainly could have picked the best of typical seaside board walk entertainment and made it more of a boardwalk in entertainment rather than in mostly decorative theming.

GeneralKnowledge

BoardWalk board walk already has clothing shops. But as a deluxe hotel, it's not cheap ripoffs. It's expensive ripoffs.

While Ample Hills is nice, they certainly could use a sno-cone, soft serve custard, cotton candy, funnel cake, orangeade, NY style pizza, calzones, hot dogs, etc... vendors. Not to mention a rockin' arcade.

Disney certainly could have picked the best of typical seaside board walk entertainment and made it more of a boardwalk in entertainment rather than in mostly decorative theming.

I do agree that they could have more boardwalk style food, but I would prefer if it were gourmet-ized versions of the classics.

Goofyernmost

WHAT? IT'S NOT REAL??? VACATION IS RUINED.

Talk about a party pooper ;)

Next thing you'll tell us is that World Showcase isn't a real trip around the world!

You mean, I'm not really stepping back in time to a turn of the century Main Street? THE HECK YOU SAY!

I'm sure Disney is just fine not truly recreating the Jersey boardwalk ;)

Why do people need to rain on the parade? If someone enjoys the Boardwalk at Disney, so what? I think most are aware it's not "real". I mean ... lol
And if they don't, I'm not sure we should be taking their advice seriously. :):confused::cool:

GoofGoof

Premium Member

One thing to remember is it’s a hotel first and entertainment district second. It’s a boardwalk themed hotel, not a boardwalk with a hotel on it. They didn’t want to make it too wild or crazy of an attraction especially at night so the hotel guests aren’t distrupted.

They could certainly use more food options as well as a few more boardwalk style games and better/more street entertainment. What they don’t want it to become is a place where teens or locals would go to hang out and potentially get in some trouble.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You guys don't travel much. Everything at Disney is a watered down version of the real thing, you do realize that? The Disney boardwalk is the most sanitized thing I have ever seen compared to the real ones such as NJ. I hate to give NJ credit but their boardwalks are the real thing. Much more fun as well. I actually enjoy Wildwood NJ.
So, because it’s a “watered down version of the real thing”, Disney’s Boardwalk can’t be enjoyed for what it is?

And how do you know how much any of us have traveled? Presume much?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don't think anyone thinks they're going to real France at the France pavilion. But a real board walk is in the realm of possibility since there are many board walks just like there are many fairs, carnivals, and theme parks.

Imagine if Disney advertised visiting their State Fair and when you go, it's not a fair at all, but a mall with decorations themed to resemble a State Fair.
Epcot was always touted as "as real as you can get without actually going there."

During Jersey Week, WDW is as close as you can get to New Jersey without actually going there.
Will the Skyliner have air conditioning? Sorry, if this was mentioned on every other page of the thread.
Sorry, you're not allowed to say "air conditioning" in this thread.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
ummm,... dont meen to interupt, but i kinda forgot what the topic is about. anyone know?

The new transporation system at WDW...

1522624684716.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We now return you to your regularly scheduled rant about how the skyliner will roast people alive and strand the dozens of inches off the ground.
ummm,... dont meen to interupt, but i kinda forgot what the topic is about. anyone know?

To tie up all the topics into one, here is the sky ride at the Seaside Heights boardwalk (NJ)...

1522627466138.png

Lord Pheonix

right. ok. sorry, im getting older now and i was starting to think the alzhiemers was creeping in for a minute there.
and fyi, i live in jersey, unless they replaced it, that skyride is missing cause of hurricane sandy. makes no difference tho, seaside heights is nothing but a teenager hangout anymore. everytime i went it was full of rude pushy kids. wildwood is more of the adult boardwalk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom