News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Strange they aren’t all finished in the same way, the closed in stations look much cleaner and more modern even though I love to see the inner workings of things.

I think it works good for the AOA/Pop station since it's such an open design to begin with. CBR on the other hand probably would have looked better closed in.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It’s going strong. Stations are crowded. I see how they bunch them up to account for strollers/scooters etc.

Looks like CMs and maybe friends and family. Going to see if those are more guidelines- than rules shortly.

Incomudro

Strange they aren’t all finished in the same way, the closed in stations look much cleaner and more modern even though I love to see the inner workings of things.

Different stations have different design elements in keeping with their locations.
Sleek at Hollywood Studios.
Open at Caribbean Beach...

Goofyernmost

I have nothing negative to say, except I hope they paint the stainless steel support towers that hold up the cables. The stations look beautiful. The towers are an eyesore.
With all there is to see when riding the Gondola's you are looking at the support towers. Hmmm! Please remember the Gondola's are not an official "attraction" they are meant to be for transport from the resorts to the parks. I noticed a lot of the tires on the buses are dirty, what a fail! Oh, and on the ferry's there is a visable water stain line, it just about ruined my vacation.

Surfin' Tuna

Today it finally happened. We spent about 10 stranded minutes above CBR, and we all died. Actually, we had someone in the gondola, who was conned into going by her boyfriend. She was freaking out, and we decided to start talking about evacs from 93'. The death we almost saw was our own from this lady. The doors were not opening, so they were having to open them manually. Other than that another great night of previews. What a fun system and "attraction." It's sad that the greatest new thing at WDW is transportation.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I do think they should have screened or enclosed the overhead equipment at CBR. I don't think the exposed view there was all that necessary.

Anyone see in the videos yet where the cabins are switched onto the lines at CBR? Didn't see too many wandering cameras in these videos when it came to CBR except for the central open area.

SLUSHIE

Today it finally happened. We spent about 10 stranded minutes above CBR, and we all died. Actually, we had someone in the gondola, who was conned into going by her boyfriend. She was freaking out, and we decided to start talking about evacs from 93'. The death we almost saw was our own from this lady. The doors were not opening, so they were having to open them manually. Other than that another great night of previews. What a fun system and "attraction." It's sad that the greatest new thing at WDW is transportation.

So... you're saying this is better than Galaxys Edge? Interesting how soon you local fanboys forget. Just like all the Disneyland people complaining there was nothing new announced for Disneyland at D23 and somehow turning a blind eye to the whole Avengers thing.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Lines tonight at IG station for CM previews(not normal crowds) after Illuminations. Not going to comment but you judge for yourself.
246E2F05-B543-492A-9BA7-BA362B42A40D.jpeg

joelkfla

Lines tonight at IG station for CM previews(not normal crowds) after Illuminations. Not going to comment but you judge for yourself.View attachment 413773
If they're filling the cabins, and there are no stops, it would take about 60 seconds to load everyone visible in that picture. (Looks like 50-60 people). If there are twice as many queued inside the station, the wait would be around 3 minutes.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If they're filling the cabins, and there are no stops, it would take about 60 seconds to load everyone visible in that picture. (Looks like 50-60 people). If there are twice as many queued inside the station, the wait would be around 3 minutes.
The line was not moving fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom