News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

mm121

Is there a drawing somewhere showing how the Carribbean Beach Station is layed out.

Curious to see how hard connecting is between lines.

Grimley1968

rickdrat

Watching some of the videos I was surprised how hot (in terms of speed, not temperature 🤣) the cars come in. I know they slow down and accelerate as they go on and off the cable by design, but that's still a little disconcerting.

joelkfla

I am the only one that thinks the narrations are a complete downgrade from the monorail and bus ones?
IMO, they're just right. I wouldn't want a constant jabbering away during my flight.

The bus ones are the worst. They pretend to have helpful info about the parks, but they were updated once in the 9 years I drove buses. Eventually, they just turned off some of spiels because they became so outdated.

toolsnspools

@Lift Blog I think I've read this entire thread, and I don't recall this being brought up before. Are there specific height specs (beyond the obvious height for street crossings etc.) for the tow line, or are they simply aesthetics driven? For instance, on the way to DHS, there's a place through the trees where the line runs just above the tree line. It makes for nicer views than running down in the trees, but is there more to it than that?

flynnibus

Premium Member
@Lift Blog I think I've read this entire thread, and I don't recall this being brought up before. Are there specific height specs (beyond the obvious height for street crossings etc.) for the tow line, or are they simply aesthetics driven? For instance, on the way to DHS, there's a place through the trees where the line runs just above the tree line. It makes for nicer views than running down in the trees, but is there more to it than that?

They try to minimize the height of the haul rope to reduce the complexities with evacuations. So over the water where they don't have to worry about obstructions or other traffic it's very low.. as making tall things on water stay stable is hard. Over most of the land, it's to clear obstructions, make sure you don't create blockages, and balance that with accessibility for evacs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom