News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Rteetz

Yeah, we've seen the sign on the archway that says the curvy middle path is the entrance for both regular and handicapped loading; it goes into the rear building where a queue presumably wraps around to the load platform on the right. The path on the right is clearly the exit, as it abuts the unload platform on the left of the station.

The one on the left does look like a service road, except that it comes off the walking path and there is nothing visible to make it inaccessible or hidden from Guests. The area behind the station is easily accessible for service from the IG service area, which is adjacent to the rear building on the right.

It could be a way for marathon runners to get to backstage, as they did in that area before the old route was blocked by the station. But it seems like overkill for something that might be used a half dozen times a year.
It’s a service road. The gate is further back. The gate has always been further back.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some other notes from the Live stream from above...
Handicap loading shown at Hollywood Studios: at about 33:50

Ride from DHS to CB starts at 36:00 and ends at 40:00

Sidewalk next to gondola is not moving.

The gondolas stop quite fast. The streamers reaction was amusing with it.

Wow, this confirms all our worst fears....

1. Guests barely surviving from the heat.
2. Tiny cramped cabins
3. Extremely difficult to load
4. Noisy
5. Over complicated transfer at CBR
6. No on board annoucement if there are problems.
7. Horrible views of back stage
8. Way to slow to be practicle

;)

joelkfla

I think walking will still beat the skyliner for time. But the skyliner looks fun and when you are walking 20,000+ steps in a day at WDW, getting to sit for 15+ minutes will be appreciated.
I timed the stream from CBR to IG at 14 minutes, and from DHS to CBR at 4:30, so total time should be about 20 minutes. Google Maps has walking distance from the IG station to the DHS station at exactly 1 mile via the BW Pool shortcut. So yeah, a fast walker could beat it, but only by 5 minutes or less, and a typical 3 mph walker would be a tie.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My perfectionism was freaking out that the sign at carribean beach has the directional arrows crossing

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 11.07.48 AM.png

Normally for design you'd put DHS at the top so things flow without crossing other options

And yes.. I watched like 90mins of people riding skyliner this morning... I feel dirty.

The 'fear of colliding' will be real for people. As will moaning about the line slowing to a creep when it does.

joelkfla

My perfectionism was freaking out that the sign at carribean beach has the directional arrows crossing

View attachment 413082

Normally for design you'd put DHS at the top so things flow without crossing other options

And yes.. I watched like 90mins of people riding skyliner this morning... I feel dirty.

The 'fear of colliding' will be real for people. As will moaning about the line slowing to a creep when it does.
Love that clock, though.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Right. I mean, what if the gondolas become sentient and try to take over Florida? Did Disney not even think of that when they put in this system?!?

Disney Skyliner is obviously just one or two steps away from becoming... Disney Skynet. Their goal? There can be only one - All your money, are belong to us.

(Boy, talk about mix of semi-vague old movie & pop culture references... ;) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom