News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Grimley1968

This may have been answered already, but has there been any more news lately on whether bag check at the EPCOT Intl. Gateway will be moved outside the EPCOT gondola station, or will it be inside the gondola station, meaning people exiting the gondolas would have to have their bags checked there?

OG Runner

This may have been answered already, but has there been any more news lately on whether bag check at the EPCOT Intl. Gateway will be moved outside the EPCOT gondola station, or will it be inside the gondola station, meaning people exiting the gondolas would have to have their bags checked there?

Why, what are you bringing into EPCOT that you shouldn't be? :D

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

AFAIK, no. What was thought to have happen looks like it might not happen but maybe still will.

OG Runner

I'm just hoping they'll push bag check out to the gondola hub like they did with the monorail system. It'd be a much nicer entry to the parks if you know you've already been through bag check and can head straight to the entrance.

I may be wrong, (it wouldn't be the first time), but don't they still do the bag checks before you go into the park, even if you are coming
off of the monorail to EPCOT?

Grimley1968

I may be wrong, (it wouldn't be the first time), but don't they still do the bag checks before you go into the park, even if you are coming
off of the monorail to EPCOT?

You are right, but I was referring to the MK side where they pushed bag check on the monorail out to the TTC. Anyway, my hope sounds like a moot point now in re the gondolas.

Disney4family

As long as both stations dispatch at the same rate it doesn’t matter what the line speed is. The line can never overload a station unless one station slows or stops without the other doing the same.
Aaaauuuuugggghhhhh!!!! More Math!!!!! :hungover:
I'm still stuck on the two trains question...Gotta count the fingers and toes faster to catch up to the gondola question.

nace888

Looks like the crystal cell. Nice but not for this project
To me, it very strongly resembles the current test cabin on site... I see differences, but if they go with similar thoughts (which it seems they have kinda - I saw what looked almost like a gap in the glass for venting) and solar panels on the roofs, the integrated lights are no issue, especially if they're LED...

Makes me wonder what the plan is for these.

Lift Blog

To me, it very strongly resembles the current test cabin on site... I see differences, but if they go with similar thoughts (which it seems they have kinda - I saw what looked almost like a gap in the glass for venting) and solar panels on the roofs, the integrated lights are no issue, especially if they're LED...

Makes me wonder what the plan is for these.

The hanger already seen at Hollywood Studios is for an Omega IV. The new cabin that is on the CWA website is called Omega V. They are similar but akin to when a car is redesigned every 5 or so years. For gondolas, each version lasts about 12 years. Disney is at the tail end of the proven model that was introduced in 2007.

nace888

The hanger already seen at Hollywood Studios is for an Omega IV. The new cabin that is on the CWA website is called Omega V. They are similar but akin to when a car is redesigned every 5 or so years. For gondolas, each version lasts about 12 years. Disney is at the tail end of the proven model that was introduced in 2007.
So they're going to have to order new ones in about 10 years.... Interesting... Cheaper than new monorails?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom