News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

GCTales

I think you will always have artists draw buildings that, while they look incredible, may not be practical in the real world for a variety of reasons...

Perhaps what they drew did not match the intended budget, or the budget changed

While I would love to see the blue sky concept art, I recognize that those would really never be constructed and will probably never see the light of day for someone who is not an insider.

I would also like to see the missing rendering, but if this is what will actually be built - I think they are similar to the other transportation modes, in terms of theming and don't stand out like a huge sore thumb in the areas shown.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
To get from DHS to Epcot we have & will continue to WALK. Gondola's nice novelty touch, but concerned with safety issues :cool:

Both are so safe that it's tough to even quantify. The only fatal gondola accident in American history occurred on a bi-cable model at Vail in 1976. 3S gondolas have been involved in zero fatal accidents worldwide. Monocable gondolas also enjoy a perfect safety record in the United States.

Both 3S and monocable gondolas operate continuously and can achieve almost the same capacity (5,000 pphpd vs. 4500 respectively) with the latter at much lower cost. Idea being, the smaller the cabins, the closer together they can be. Chairlifts take this a step further with 2-6 passenger chairs as little as six seconds apart.

Magic Feather

Will the room rates for Pop Century and other resorts that are getting the gondola transportation system go way up??
Not way up, but I'd be surprised to see an undiscounted room at Pop or Carribean grace to 100's again. As for Art, the Family Suites will probably stay where they are, Mermaid will be slightly above Pop. And Riviera will actually be cheaper as far as DVC goes, but still spensive.

Goofyernmost

To get from DHS to Epcot we have & will continue to WALK. Gondola's nice novelty touch, but concerned with safety issues :cool:
Is theming really that important when these flying ovens will be falling out of the sky?
Yes, because they should at least look good while electrocuting people during the slightest rain.
Geez, folks... get some form of grip here. You all sound like Gondola's are a brand new untried and unproven system. I hope I never go through life (or whatever one would call existing) crippled by fear of things. I'd never get into a car, plane, boat or train. I'd say away from states that have earthquakes, hurricanes or tornadoes because I'm afraid. Oh well, I guess that just means it won't be crowded.

lazyboy97o

Geez, folks... get some form of grip here. You all sound like Gondola's are a brand new untried and unproven system. I hope I never go through life (or whatever one would call existing) crippled by fear of things. I'd never get into a car, plane, boat or train. I'd say away from states that have earthquakes, hurricanes or tornadoes because I'm afraid. Oh well, I guess that just means it won't be crowded.
:rolleyes:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

The second two quotes are clearly sarcasm, first I am not so sure.

GCTales

image.jpeg

jakeman

This is exactly what Big Gondola wants you to think.

flynnibus

Premium Member
another forum I visit uses a simple idea of colored text is the sarcasm font... In their case blue (but its a dark background style). Works for humor.. but is only 75% effective against the ones that miss the obvious no matter what you do...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom