News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

flynnibus

Premium Member
Isn't it more like 21 days not counting today and the days it was closed due to the incident? That would be 3,400 guests per hour. But per hour/direction/line 567 or less than 16 percent of rated capacity.

But that's just chasing hypotheticals... not expected or forecasted usage. The demand pattern is not all lines, all directions, all hours.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Isn't it more like 21 days not counting today and the days it was closed due to the incident? That would be 3,400 guests per hour. But per hour/direction/line 567 or less than 16 percent of rated capacity.

Yeah, I just made some rough calculations. :) Although, it opened on September 27, if hit the "1 million rider" mark on October 26, coupled with 5-6 days of downtime for "the incident", we'd be at around 24 days of operation, I think? My numbers may definitely be off.

Disstevefan1

This brings up a good non Skyliner question. I left Epcot late, after the monorail shutdown for the night. I was staying at BLT. I was directed to a random bus stop which we found out was for the TTC when the bus pulled up. As we got near the TTC, I noticed the MK line was down for the night too. I had to ask the bus driver how to get to the Contemporary to which he just radioed in to request a route change.

Luckily he did that or I'd be stuck paying for a taxi to go a mile down the road since there's no walking paths. What were my other options?

The Skyliner pushing people out at Riviera feels the same. You can get "stranded" with the monorail too.

This is very common and I cant understand it. Folks pay big money to stay in resorts that are on the monorail loop but CANT take the monorail back to the resort because it stops for the night. It gets me mad.

When the monorail is down there should be a dedicated bus for the monorail resorts.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
That would be 3,400 guests per hour. But per hour/direction/line 567 or less than 16 percent of rated capacity.

To be clear though, that would be ridership, not capacity. They are not filling every gondola to capacity and there are plenty of times during the day when several gondolas in a row will go out completely empty.

BromBones

1 million guests? The gondolas were shut down down within a week of operation. They were running with limited operation since the accident. Even here there have been reports of gondolas not being entirely full and sometimes only two people on the gondola.

That number sounds rather inflated. It sounds like a nice P.R. move to stimulate interest after the accident.

It's like Disney reporting "record advanced sales" for Episode IX via Atom Tickets (which Disney invests in and for which JJ Abrams sits on the board). Meanwhile Fandango reports low sales.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1 million guests? The gondolas were shut down down within a week of operation. They were running with limited operation since the accident. Even here there have been reports of gondolas not being entirely full and sometimes only two people on the gondola.

That number sounds rather inflated. It sounds like a nice P.R. move to stimulate interest after the accident.

It's like Disney reporting "record advanced sales" for Episode IX via Atom Tickets (which Disney invests in and for which JJ Abrams sits on the board). Meanwhile Fandango reports low sales.

People have been crunching the numbers in this thread showing that a million so far is way under capacity and what would be expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

lazyboy97o

Not nearly as ridiculous as claiming the monorail does not close for weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom