NEW Forbidden Mountain News

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Just got this from screamscape today. I know that Screamscape isn't always reliable but so far their information on Forbidden Mountain has matched perfectly with what Lee has been saying. Here it is:
2005/2006 - Forbidden Mountain: Legend of the Yeti - (3/7/03) Some construction walls have come up in Anandapur to widen the pathways to handle the increased traffic flow from the new ride. Meanwhile another reader claims that some land behind the Kali River Rapids and Maharaja Jungle Trek has been cleared and “construction equipment” has been spotted on site. Can anyone else confirm either of these stories or have photos? Adding more fuel to the fire, one of our many media friends out there tells us that Disney is planning a media event for April 21st and 22nd, even though Space and Philharmagic wont be ready to open for months. The reason? Seems they may have an announcement to make...

I am BEYOND excited! :sohappy: What does everyone think?? Has anyone seen these construction walls?

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by WDWKing
And I would REALLY HATE to tell so many other people so after April 25th if there was no announcement.

Well, anything is possible.
Last year the big announcement was an AP lounge, wasn't it?

My expectations are a bit higher this year. Like Tibet high.

adr315

Any word yet on who is manufacturing the ride? I have my fingers crossed for Intamin, even though S&S/Arrow wouldn't be too bad either (as long as its not another Vekoma)...

also, is this gonna be a sitdown or invert?

WDWKing

I'm really optimistic about this project, don't get me wrong. I just don't like to be dissapointed, thus explaining why I keep my expectations low.

P.S. - Lee, Like the new avatar
:)

JeepGuy77

I was at AK yesterday and I can confirm there were walls up in Asia. Across the path from the "broken down bus" that sells food. I was able to peek thru a seam in the panels and alot of plant material and some concrete has been removed, and dug up. Kind of exciting.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by adr315
Any word yet on who is manufacturing the ride? I have my fingers crossed for Intamin, even though S&S/Arrow wouldn't be too bad either (as long as its not another Vekoma)...

also, is this gonna be a sitdown or invert?

I have equal people telling me Intamin and SS/Arrow.
I'm pretty sure Intamin is doing DL's new Space Mountain, if that means anything.

And it's a sit down mine train type coaster.

CMTinkerBell

If the announcement was to happen around April 22, that would tie into DAK's 5th Anniversary. Yes, there is construction equipment in the area, and dump trucks were seen going backstage yesterday morning. Yes, there are walls up in beginning part of Asia, making it a little tighter to walk through right now.

adr315

Originally posted by Lee
I have equal people telling me Intamin and SS/Arrow.
I'm pretty sure Intamin is doing DL's new Space Mountain, if that means anything.

And it's a sit down mine train type coaster.

Intamin will do wonders for DL's 50th Anniv Space Mountain.......

If S&S / Arrow is doing Forbidden Mountain, is their any chance of an air-compressed launch? Or are we looking at 4 lift-hills like Big Thunder? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom