New Film for Soarin' and Potential 3rd Theater

Figment2005

What would be the chances on, if this is for the new Soarin film, that the film will start in Magic Kingdom, fly around the world, and end in a night time shot of Epcot? It just seems that it was quite bright out for an ending shot unless they don't plan on adding fireworks.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Off topic a little - is there any word...or rumor...of them filming other scenes for a totally new film? Here in Washington, D.C. this weekend I watched a commercial helicopter with a large film setup doing a pattern that started over the Potomac, flew over the Roosevelt Bridge past the Kennedy Center, Watergate, over Georgetown, then climb and hover over the city facing the National Mall (White House, Capital Building, Smithsonian Institution buildings, etc). It was, roughly, the same basic pattern that the Tahoe scene is from the current Soarin film.

It was a great weekend for it. Beautiful weather, cherry blossoms still out, whole city in bloom but not too dense like it is in the summer. The helicopter did the same pattern a number of times.

We watch helicopter filming take place all the time here in DC, and this rig was much larger than normal (which made me think iMax format).
The expectation is that this will include scenes from around the world.

asialeigh

What would be the chances on, if this is for the new Soarin film, that the film will start in Magic Kingdom, fly around the world, and end in a night time shot of Epcot? It just seems that it was quite bright out for an ending shot unless they don't plan on adding fireworks.

They flew over Magic Kingdom last night too.

Admiral01

Premium Member
The expectation is that this will include scenes from around the world.

The helicopter in the MK video from today has the same rig on it's nose that the one I saw Saturday here in DC had. Still, it is probably nothing. Disney isn't the only company to use that sort of film setup to make a movie.

Wishful thinking, though, that I watched part of a new Soarin being filmed here at home...

mcatch729

It was seen doing more hovering than moving so I imagine it was more related to the Mine Train opening than filming for Soarin'.

Agreed- i think this has to do more with the completion of the FL expansion and to showcase the resort as a whole for commercial purposes. this doesn't look like an innovating shot for a soarin movie

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Looks like a another shoot is planned in May for Soarin. Unclear what this past weekends shoot at Epcot and my was for.

EHR21

There was a helicopter flying around during the fireworks on May 27. It flew several times around Fantasyland before the fireworks and when they began it flew from Main Street all the way to the back.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom