New Fast Pass System idea

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
Ok so here’s my thoughts on the Fast Pass+ it sucks lol. You’re only allowed 3 rides per day and most of them you can even reserve because they are sold out.

So I’ll probably get blasted for this idea however I do have a season pass for Great America (I know I’m ashamed for even comparing them to Disney but hear me out) and I have to say that the Great America fast pass system works much better. I paid a premium rate to have the unlimited fast passes per day. I believe there’s 3 tiers you can buy. The top tier which I bought allows me to go on as many rides with the fast pass as many times a day as I would like. I simply have the employee scan the watch thing they have which is kind of a ghetto version of the magic bands and I walk right onto a ride. There’s no waiting around for a set time to come back or a limit on how many times I ride a day or anything. I really think this system is a great way to handle the current mess of a fast pass Disney is using. They could even keep their magic bands and just sell 2 different levels of fast passes. example; level one: allows you only one a day per ride, level 2 would provide you unlimited fast passes per day.

And that my friends is why I should be nominated the new CEO when Iger steps down.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Ok so here’s my thoughts on the Fast Pass+ its sucks lol. You’re only allowed 3 rides per day and most of them you can even reserve because they are sold out.

So I’ll probably get blasted for this idea however I do have a season pass for Great America (I know I’m ashamed for even comparing them to Disney but hear me out) and I have to say that the Great America fast pass system works much better. I paid a premium rate to have the unlimited fast passes per day. I believe there’s 3 tiers you can buy. The top tier which I bought allows me to go on as many rides with the fast pass as many times a day as I would like. I simply have the employee scan the watch thing they have which is kind of a ghetto version of the magic bands and I walk right onto a ride. There’s no waiting around for a set time to come back or a limit on how many times I ride a day or anything. I really think this system is a great way to handle the current mess of a fast pass Disney is using. They could even keep their magic bands and just sell 2 different levels of fast passes. example; level one: allows you only one a day per ride, level 2 would provide you unlimited fast passes per day.

And that my friends is why I should be nominated the new CEO when Iger steps down.

Your thoughts?
You just described the Universal version of unlimited express pass. I think WDW will get there over time and discount it for onsite guests as Universal does.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Wait times for standby would greatly increase due to all the extra experiences.
A family of 5 get a FP for let's say a tier 1. They ride and it clears, and maybe no more available FP for that teir 1. 1 ride with five seats.

If there was a pay system, and that family wanted to ride that tier 1 5 times n a row, now 5 rides x 5 people is 25 seats, see where I'm going with this.

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
Wait times for standby would greatly increase due to all the extra experiences.
A family of 5 get a FP for let's say a tier 1. They ride and it clears, and maybe no more available FP for that teir 1. 1 ride with five seats.

If there was a pay system, and that family wanted to ride that tier 1 5 times n a row, now 5 rides x 5 people is 25 seats, see where I'm going with this.

yes but it seems to work well with Great America

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Ok so here’s my thoughts on the Fast Pass+ its sucks lol. You’re only allowed 3 rides per day and most of them you can even reserve because they are sold out.

Your thoughts?

Your info about Disney's FP+ isn't even correct.
You can book 3 per day IN ADVANCE.
After you use them you can get more just one at a time.
I've gotten 12 in a day before.
Besides it's free so nothing is "sold out".
As I recall from another thread you were just at WDW. Which means you were there during the busiest time. Hence why availability would have been limited for the most popular attractions.

Also there is a paid version of FP+ but its for CL only and gets you 3 more per day to book IN ADVANCE but you cannot modify them yourself which kinda sucks.

At DLR they have maxpass which is a paid version of FP.
I think it works well out there because like your local park its mostly locals.

I've seen where tiered skip the line passes at bigger places like Cedar Point and even Universal Orlando aren't as big of a value as one would hope.
If too many people purchase then not only does it make the SB lines insane but also the skip the line line gets crazy too.

I think Disney is smart in how they are doing it because there is an allotted amount of FP+ available spread out throughout the day.
Even if they went to paid versions I think the system should remain the same where you select a time instead of just going on when you feel like it and end up getting all the lines backed up.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You’re only allowed 3 rides per day and most of them you can even reserve because they are sold out.

Your thoughts?
Your basic premise is flawed -- you are allowed more than 3 FP+ per day... you're only allowed to RESERVE 3. After your third is redeemed, you can then reserve another and use it, lather, rinse, repeat and so on, until the park closes or they're out of FP+ for the day.

Shouldigo12

If I'm understanding right, your system would have two tiers. One where you can skip the line for each ride once, and another where you can have unlimited skips? That would be awful! As others mentioned, it could cause some pretty bad clogs. We could talk all day about why they have the system they do now, but honestly I think it works about as well as any system there could be expected to.

Besides, I can only see Disney going two routes with a paid fastpass option; so expensive that only that very rich would get it or cheap enough that almost everyone adds it on. In the first scenario it won't be helpful because no one buys it, and in the second scenario it won't help anyone because now all of the guests have it and now we're back to square one. I can't see them pricing it in a way that makes it comparable to the "skip the line" add on at other parks, where it can be fun to add on and an easy way to save time, but not so widely used that you absolutely need it to do anything.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Great America only had 3 million visitors per year in 2017, or 8200 per day.

Disney's Magic Kingdom has seen 20 million visitors in a year, or 54,000 per day.

I don't believe the volume of Disney guests could successfully and happily use your system.
Lol and that is just MK.
Yearly attendance in total is an average of 52 million per year.

The Pho

Moving to the paid system that every other park uses would likely result in the same issues that Cedar Point runs into. 4+ hour normal lines and 2+ hour fastpass lines. So basically nobody would be happy then, except for Disney who would make more money from it.

Qscout

No, that is entirely defeatist......

better to build more high quality attractions. MK needs 15, AK 10, Studios 10, Epcot 8

Sorry my bad, more attractions, means you can charge more and let more people in!

Means people won't be able to get fastpasses, so better build more attractions!
:D

The Empress Lilly

Your thoughts?
tl;dr: paid fastpass

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom