New Fast Pass System idea

No Name

You act like this hasn’t been thought of. Just about every competitor in the industry does something similar to what you describe and Disney’s well aware. Often, the price is more than the price of ticket itself. Disney is the only company that provides this to all park guests (with an advantage for onsite guests). But I’m sure Bob Chapek has wet dreams over charging for it, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens soon, even though it‘s destructive long-term.

People who argue Fastpass should go away should be thankful it’s a better system than the competitors use.

Weather_Lady

I think demand would far exceed capacity for such a thing. Nearly every guest would buy it. As a result, there would be so many Fastpass users for every attraction that it would be as though we'd returned to standby lines for all of them.

sfbntpc

I just went at one of the busiest times of the year, and did have some trouble with FP at 60 days out but it was mostly at Hollywood. We were not able to ride Slinky but all the other parks we were able to ride everything. It is annoying though when a park has limited rides (like Hollywood and Epcot) when the parks are so busy.

Last edited:

MJJME

There shouldn’t be a Fastpass system.
Shouldn't be but always will...….As you can tell right now WDW is hurting bad because nobody is traveling there and the hotels aren't booked because a lot of the perks to staying in their hotels are not available...…….that's why they will always have some version of advance reservation system for on site hotel guests

MJJME

Because their occupancy in the hotels would plummet (like it is right now)…………...as constituted, FP doesn't cost Disney one penny to give to hotel guests as a perk but it helps them sell hotel rooms which leads to ticket sales which leads to restaurant and merch sales which leads to...……..never mind, I think you get my point

MJJME

Yeah, they never had any guests before Fastpass existed.
No, they did...…...But there are 9 NEW hotels since Bay Lake in 2009 and are now 25 total, an increase of 56% just since 2008...…...so I guess you are right, they didn't REALLY have hotel guests like they do now

MJJME

You’ll have to ask TWDC.
They will lose likely equivalent of at least 1 years worth of revenue due to the pandemic …..FP+ will cost them no additional money and will help them increase occupancy so I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded it to 4, 5 or 6 FP for on site guests over the next couple years

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They will lose likely equivalent of at least 1 years worth of revenue due to the pandemic …..FP+ will cost them no additional money and will help them increase occupancy so I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded it to 4, 5 or 6 FP for on site guests over the next couple years
Okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom