New Executive Structure?

aladdin2007

Original Poster
This week Tom Staggs will be introducing a new excutive structure for the parks apparently, but so far it sounds like its only going to benefit Disneyland. Any thoughts? Of course you know who has the message posted about it on miceage.com but here is the snippet below.

Also being fine tuned late last week was a new executive structure for Disney Parks & Resorts that Tom Staggs will be rolling out any day now. The early buzz is that current executive Disneylanders should get more autonomy from the Florida structure that has a different way of managing their parks.

NoChesterHester

Doesn't mean it will only benefit Caifornia. I have disliked the universal" Disney Parks" moniker from the beginning. I understand the need to streamline, but a homoginized line merchandise can't be good for sales (much less image).

I expect that a new executive would examine the management and make changes. I expect it to be better.

Now he needs to help WDI do some management housecleaning as well.

aladdin2007

Original Poster
Doesn't mean it will only benefit Caifornia. I have disliked the universal" Disney Parks" moniker from the beginning. I understand the need to streamline, but a homoginized line merchandise can't be good for sales (much less image).

I expect that a new executive would examine the management and make changes. I expect it to be better.

Now he needs to help WDI do some management housecleaning as well.

Yes hopefully your right. But the Disney Parks thinking doesnt look to be going away anytime soon. Both Disneyland and WDW just got brand new merch bags and both are the same. One side has Disneylands castle, the other side ours. They are great looking but both sides very bodly say "DISNEY PARKS". Not one mention about WDW or Disneyland. Kinda sad.

PS: HAPPY FOURTH all.

lazyboy97o

I think the perception of benefitting Disneyland makes sense as most operations, departments, positions deemed redundant were eliminated at Disneyland in favor of the Walt Disney World counterpart.

Admiral01

Premium Member
I really, really hope this doesn't mean the end of the Premier Passport that they rolled out last year. I love having one annual pass to access both WDW and DLR. If not for the Premier Pass, I definitely would only hold an AP for WDW, and would probably skip my after-work-trips to Disneyland when I am in Southern California for business.

puntagordabob

Both Disneyland and WDW just got brand new merch bags and both are the same. One side has Disneylands castle, the other side ours. They are great looking but both sides very bodly say "DISNEY PARKS". Not one mention about WDW or Disneyland.

Sigh...not a good trend for sure.... generic is generic and it is a bad fit!

I really, really hope this doesn't mean the end of the Premier Passport that they rolled out last year. I love having one annual pass to access both WDW and DLR. If not for the Premier Pass, I definitely would only hold an AP for WDW, and would probably skip my after-work-trips to Disneyland when I am in Southern California for business.

I agree...we had used this in October 2010 and it was nice.....

Gracy_hm

I like Meg Crofton she is the only exec that actually contacted me personally when I wrote. She seemed like a great person and seemed to genuinely care about WDW

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Meg Crofton is to WDW what Cynthia Harris was to Disneyland.

One can only hope Meg will soon go the way of Ms. Harris.

devoy1701

the current state of the WDW resort and its upkeep is all one needs to reference to see why Meg gets a bad rap. I wish she wasn't regarded with such high esteem around Central FL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom