New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

JMcMahonEsq

The Cake Bake Shop encompasses everything that is wrong with Disney or how they have no shame on exorbitant pricing of food, tickets and enhancements. Disney management is either clueless or arrogant on what the average Disney guest can afford. I’m leaning towards that Disney management is just arrogant.

Disney’s current pricing seems to now follow PT Barnum’s old adage “ There is a sucker born every minute!”
Absolutely true! Well except for the fact that Cake Bake Shope isn't a Disney restaurant, that Disney doesn't set the prices, that the company has two other locations and has been operating for a decade and selling at close to the same pricing in Indiana as it will in Florida. So I guess in hindsight the only thing that was true was you spelled the place's name right.

LSLS

MAN, I find this place ridiculous for pricing, and I like to get on Disney for a lot of things, but I can't imagine getting mad at them for this. A company comes in, offers to sign a lease and pay for the upgrades they want, and you want them to go "Sounds good, but we would like to vet your pricing first." This is this specific company. The ONLY way you can really link it is if you think the Disney prices and quality gave them the feeling they could charge this much for the quality.

FettFan

Maybe they will have gigantic portions?

anyone-else-remember-going-to-the-honey-i-shrunk-the-kids-v0-ty69zp161tc91.jpg

“Nick, it’s one of your cookies!”

Chef idea Mickey`=

This is this specific company. The ONLY way you can really link it is if you think the Disney prices and quality gave them the feeling they could charge this much for the quality.
So Disney wouldn't care how much more one of their tenants would charge than from their other original locations because all to them would matter whom they are and that as long as they are offering something to the area and paying the rent is all that matters.. " $16 dollars for the cake is.one thing but $26 is a huge difference! Unless the slices are then larger than the other two locations!

lazyboy97o

So Disney wouldn't care how much more one of their tenants would charge than from their other original locations because all to them would matter whom they are and that as long as they are offering something to the area and paying the rent is all that matters.. " $16 dollars for the cake is.one thing but $26 is a huge difference! Unless the slices are then larger than the other two locations!
Do you think Disney is comparing the price of a Big Mac at every McDonald’s location? How would that work for Delaware North who operates all sorts of restaurants and concessions but almost none under the same names?

TrojanUSC

Absolutely true! Well except for the fact that Cake Bake Shope isn't a Disney restaurant, that Disney doesn't set the prices, that the company has two other locations and has been operating for a decade and selling at close to the same pricing in Indiana as it will in Florida. So I guess in hindsight the only thing that was true was you spelled the place's name right.

Pricing is about 30% more across the board so it's not really "close to the same pricing."

Chef idea Mickey`=

The slices of cake I’m seeing in the photos from Indiana are not “giant” - they actually seem pretty normal for a single serving at a restaurant.

Sure they are big enough to share with someone.

I might pay $16 in Indiana but I ain’t paying $26 when there is a $6 slice of carrot cake 2 store fronts away lol.
You can find a cake slice just like that on property for $13. $16 would of been acceptable, but $26 is not unless you get an additional layer but even! 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom