New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Eric Graham

You could order every dessert on Ale and Compass's to-go menu (12 layer chocolate cake, apple cobbler, and mango spiced lemon pound cake) for the price of a cake slice at Cake Bake.
Ale and Compass is so delicious, especially the parker house rolls YUM! Sorry, I'm stalling about heading to the Y and swimming for a bit....

Bocabear

We used to go to the Hight Tea annually, and it was always nice...aa little pricey, but a nice afternoon....in the last few years of operation, the Tea Room at the Grand Floridian reached ridiculous prices making it inaccessible to most. We went there for an adult birthday thing and it was close to a hundred dollars per person for a very mediocre tea... a few years before it had been about $50-ish...which was already too expensive for the quality of the food. It was a nice setting, but not remarkable enough to make the cost seem reasonable...
If they are going to bring back the Tea Room they should make the space incredibly special and the food offerings instagram-able... A lavish WOW!...then they would be able to better justify the crazy prices...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Before the menu/pricing reveal, this place had a chance to make a long run. Now... DOA, so to speak. Will there be people who "have to experience it!!!" regardless of any good or bad word-of-mouth it may receive? Sure. But if the reviews come in tepid/mediocre, it will wither on the vine and likely close within 2 years.

OKWDVCMAGIC

The Cake Bake Shop encompasses everything that is wrong with Disney or how they have no shame on exorbitant pricing of food, tickets and enhancements. Disney management is either clueless or arrogant on what the average Disney guest can afford. I’m leaning towards that Disney management is just arrogant.

Disney’s current pricing seems to now follow PT Barnum’s old adage “ There is a sucker born every minute!”

peter11435

The Cake Bake Shop encompasses everything that is wrong with Disney or how they have no shame on exorbitant pricing of food, tickets and enhancements. Disney management is either clueless or arrogant on what the average Disney guest can afford. I’m leaning towards that Disney management is just arrogant.

Disney’s current pricing seems to now follow PT Barnum’s old adage “ There is a sucker born every minute!”
Disney management didn’t set the prices for the Cake Bake Shop.

Bocabear

Before the menu/pricing reveal, this place had a chance to make a long run. Now... DOA, so to speak. Will there be people who "have to experience it!!!" regardless of any good or bad word-of-mouth it may receive? Sure. But if the reviews come in tepid/mediocre, it will wither on the vine and likely close within 2 years.
I have to imagine there is a long term lease for this space...especially if Gwendolyn had to build a cake factory in Orlando to stock the restaurant... I am surprised she is not building a second restaurant off grounds as well.... since they had to build the manufacturing facility and all....

TrainsOfDisney

For food and beverage this would actually show that Disney is keeping prices “reasonable” as new 3rd parties are going the extreme route (cake bake and corn dog).

I’m surprised Disney doesn’t set some standards to keep the prices in line with Disney operated F&B though.

peter11435

Maybe so but Disney set the lease rate and they had to know the CBS menu price point from CBS’ other restaurants. So high lease rates + high menu prices = really expensive food
Disney sets the lease rates for all operating participants. That doesn’t mean that Chicken Guy charges $18 for fries. Rix Lounge doesn’t charge $8 for a Sprite. Lease rates are not the problem.

Obviously Disney knew that CBS would attempt to offer a “high end” experience and charge higher prices accordingly. That doesn’t mean that they set the prices. WDW features hundred of options for a variety of demographics, price points, and preferences. I don’t think CBS will find a sustainable audience at this price point, but you never know. CBS is not the only option for guests around Crescent Lake.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I have to imagine there is a long term lease for this space...especially if Gwendolyn had to build a cake factory in Orlando to stock the restaurant... I am surprised she is not building a second restaurant off grounds as well.... since they had to build the manufacturing facility and all....
It’s an offsite bakery, not a factory. It was built because of the volume they do at their other locations, will support the existing mail order business and to provide more dining space instead of just having a bakery at the high rent retail space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom