New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

gerarar

Premium Member
Some outdoor seating has been added to the area. Construction fencing expanded too.
Sandbags for recent hurricane removed from doorways.
1000018177.jpg

Was passing by on my way from F! at HS to Luminous at Epcot.

Bocabear

I think the Outdoor Seating is just replacing the outdoor seating that was there before....Well maybe there won't be a lot of people that want to sit outside in the muggy Florida heat to enjoy the $26 slice of cake....and they probably don't want those Corndog People sitting next to the fancy new restaurant....

LSLS

Are you saying Disney resort rooms don't have fridges?
Correct. They have these weird "Drink Coolers" which are from like 42-48 degrees (something like that, pretty sure the sign said it would not go below 42). So, unsafe for any foods or to keep anything to use later, and pretty useless for beer as well. Another magical thing to discover when you show up.

LSLS

The crab cakes are equal, the steak sandwiches are equal. The only thing with really high make up over the other 2 locations seems to be be the slices of cake
That is not true at all. You picked basically the only 2 entrees that are similar. And even similar, the steak is still 10% more. The Crab Cake app is 16% higher. The Quiches are a 55% increase, Gumbo and Piccatta are 36-38%, Sandwiches seem to all be between 25-30% higher, and salads are nearly 50% higher. Apps in general are mostly 20%+ higher as well.

skibum123

Staying at the boardwalk this week. The two times we’ve looked at the menu there have been other families also looking at it. Each time there has been collective out roar of laughter at how expensive this place is. 🤷‍♂️

“If you have to ask you can’t afford it.” I don’t know how many people are going to roll the dice.

Incomudro

Staying at the boardwalk this week. The two times we’ve looked at the menu there have been other families also looking at it. Each time there has been collective out roar of laughter at how expensive this place is. 🤷‍♂️

“If you have to ask you can’t afford it.” I don’t know how many people are going to roll the dice.
I'd go across the Boardwalk to Beach Club and get some "regular" food from Beach Club's Marketplace.
Perhaps bring it back and eat it at the tables in front of this place? :p

Jambo Dad

Great conversation here - thought I would weigh in too. It’s definitely a breathtaking price point, and it remains to be seen whether it will be successful after the first few months. I think the best way to think of this is as a sort of Victoria and Albert’s experience. (Don’t get angry - I know the level of service etc. is not comparable). I just mean it’s a place that will be the occasional treat for most, a more regular stop for the wealthy that view ‘price’ as a way to keep us normies away, and as a stop for those using the wedding pavilion. Is that enough to sustain it? We will see. The location may be great from a logistic pov - lots of high end rooms nearby, quick walk from Epcot International gate, access from Epcot and DHS by boat…can’t say it would be my first choice for that space in terms of an offering. I will say that for those looking for ‘diner’ though - Beaches and Cream is right there - if they could expand their late-night hours.

UNCgolf

Great conversation here - thought I would weigh in too. It’s definitely a breathtaking price point, and it remains to be seen whether it will be successful after the first few months. I think the best way to think of this is as a sort of Victoria and Albert’s experience. (Don’t get angry - I know the level of service etc. is not comparable). I just mean it’s a place that will be the occasional treat for most, a more regular stop for the wealthy that view ‘price’ as a way to keep us normies away, and as a stop for those using the wedding pavilion. Is that enough to sustain it? We will see. The location may be great from a logistic pov - lots of high end rooms nearby, quick walk from Epcot International gate, access from Epcot and DHS by boat…can’t say it would be my first choice for that space in terms of an offering. I will say that for those looking for ‘diner’ though - Beaches and Cream is right there - if they could expand their late-night hours.

I think that's the biggest problem with it, though. One of the best restaurants on property is almost next door. If you're staying in that area, it's hard to believe many people would choose Cake Bake Shop over Flying Fish if they want a nice, expensive dinner.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom