New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

JAB

I've thought for the longest that it was a bakery, which would have been cool to have at the Boardwalk. But a sit down restaurant? No thanks.
I believe it's both. It's like Summer House on the Lake at DS - there's a bakery counter that's separate from the sit-down restaurant. It seems likely, though, that the restaurant side could lose potential business because of the confusion caused by the name.

radiorae

I think beyond the $8 coke, it’s the kid’s menu that gets to me— $18 for butter and noodles? Or a pb&j? Wild.

The prices suck. That being said, I don’t think they’ll end up doing nearly as bad as some people think. It’s a very girly place for people who enjoy girly things. It’s a shoe-in for the bachelorette and wedding crowd, two groups that a) also frequent Epcot area, b)are more loose with money, and c) love an insta-worthy slice of cake. Beyond that I can see afternoon tea (I know it’s not on the menu board yet, but it’s still mentioned on Disney’s website) being a huge hit with mother/daughters, grandma/grandchildren, sorority sister reunions, the aforementioned bridal parties etc. Most people will likely only do it once, but most people only do Disney once and Magic Kingdom hasn’t closed the castle yet.

I personally will pass—- dare I say, it’s not my cup of tea? (Sorry, had to. Leaving now!)

LSLS

I think beyond the $8 coke, it’s the kid’s menu that gets to me— $18 for butter and noodles? Or a pb&j? Wild.

The prices suck. That being said, I don’t think they’ll end up doing nearly as bad as some people think. It’s a very girly place for people who enjoy girly things. It’s a shoe-in for the bachelorette and wedding crowd, two groups that a) also frequent Epcot area, b)are more loose with money, and c) love an insta-worthy slice of cake. Beyond that I can see afternoon tea (I know it’s not on the menu board yet, but it’s still mentioned on Disney’s website) being a huge hit with mother/daughters, grandma/grandchildren, sorority sister reunions, the aforementioned bridal parties etc. Most people will likely only do it once, but most people only do Disney once and Magic Kingdom hasn’t closed the castle yet.

I personally will pass—- dare I say, it’s not my cup of tea? (Sorry, had to. Leaving now!)
Thing is, this rent has to be insane considering how big the place is, and the location. I'm not sure you are going to survive off bachelorette parties. And I'm going to guess the mom/daughters etc. would much rather go to the Grand Floridian tea party if they are choosing places. Don't forget, this area is not the easiest to get to either if you aren't staying there, or leaving Epcot to go here.

LSLS

They essentially added Citricos next to Narcosses. If the food is good, people will accept it.

I didn’t envision signature dining here either.
I disagree. Citricos is steak, pork chops, fish, other higher end items. Narcoossees is similar with more seafood. This is a sandwich bakery. I think this gets a "Signature" name on price alone. The menu is nowhere near a signature outside of maybe one or two items. Even if it's good food, I highly doubt people are going to go out of their way to go spend signature pricing to get a burger or sandwich. And again, they have to go out of their way unless they are staying right there.

JMcMahonEsq

If moms/grandmothers are willing to shell out big money for bibbity bobbity boo makeovers/dresses, i don't see the tea party type them being a stretch here. I could also see it doing well for conventioneers staying at the swan and dolphin and dolphin reserve.

JMcMahonEsq

No man is going to willingly walk into this place. 😂
You realize she has other stores/restaurants that have been successfully in business for years, the first one for about a decade? I mean other than just maybe people don't like going to places with you, I would say she either does perfectly fine getting men to come to her stores, or her business model doesn't need them.

Disstevefan1

I showed this to the family, like the slice of cake for $26, and they said the needed to try the place once to see what a $26 slice of cake was like, LOL. Everyone knows a slice of cake is a slice of cake.

I guess if they get enough folks wanting to try it once, that would work.

Disney does not care as long as they keep paying the rent ;)

bmr1591

I showed this to the family, like the slice of cake for $26, and they said the needed to try the place once to see what a $26 slice of cake was like, LOL. Everyone knows a slice of cake is a slice of cake.

I guess if they get enough folks wanting to try it once, that would work.

Disney does not care as long as they keep paying the rent ;)

I mean, this is actually fair. There are a lot of people who come to Disney each week that it's their once in five years+ trip, so trying a slice to see how unworth it it was may be a popular thing to do.

Disstevefan1

This was the product of the appeal to the top 1% mindset that has infected the company since the 2010’s

Remember the Tommorowland Cabanas?

Maybe eventually they’ll figure out that they’re hunting unicorns.
The cabanas was indeed a silly idea but I think this is different from the cabanas.

Here Disney is just the landlord. As long as they keep paying the rent, Disney does not care.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The cabanas was indeed a silly idea but I think this is different from the cabanas.

Here Disney is just the landlord. As long as they keep paying the rent, Disney does not care.
Disney sets the experience expectation for the lessor. I doubt very much that if Hot Topic wanted to open a store at the Boardwalk, even if they paid a premium on rent, would Disney believe that it is a good fit with the environment they want to create.

Ayla

True that Disney is the landlord, but they also have 100% say over what type of businesses they allow on the Boardwalk.

Disstevefan1

True that Disney is the landlord, but they also have 100% say over what type of businesses they allow on the Boardwalk.
Yes they do. This place is not offensive, its just too expensive.

Now, I guess Disney could say, "Hey, your prices are too high, you are taking money from our guests that they otherwise could spend in our parks and resorts."

I think they like the rent money coming in much better.

But yes, I am getting the same feeling about this place that I felt about the NBA Experience.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom