New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

mattpeto

That was kind of my point, though -- Flying Fish is probably the best restaurant at Disney World not named Victoria & Albert's, so why go to Cake Bake Shop when it's right there?

The Boardwalk doesn't need another Signature type restaurant (especially not for breakfast and lunch); feels like it's going to be hard to compete there. They'd be much better off at Disney Springs.

They essentially added Citricos next to Narcosses. If the food is good, people will accept it.

I didn’t envision signature dining here either.

UNCgolf

They essentially added Citricos next to Narcosses. If the food is good, people will accept it.

I didn’t envision signature dining here either.

I think it's a bit different, in that Grand Floridian probably needed that extra dining because there aren't many other options (essentially no one is going to the Magic Kingdom to eat).

The Boardwalk is a very different location than the Grand Floridian.

Obviously we'll see, but if I was betting, I'd say the Cake Bake Shop is closed within three years, or undergoes some sort of overhaul. Maybe it only opens for dinner, since it's really the breakfast/lunch prices that seem like they'll cause problems.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

This one seems like it would be a little more obvious considering they have other locations. You're likely going to end up at their website rather than Disney's if you Google it.
I’ve never heard of them, not that it matters, I hadn’t heard of salt n straw before Disney either, but “the cake bake shop” is so generic I’m not sure why anyone would automatically think it was a 3rd party.

UNCgolf

I’ve never heard of them, not that it matters, I hadn’t heard of salt n straw before Disney either, but “the cake bake shop” is so generic I’m not sure why anyone would automatically think it was a 3rd party.

I hadn't either -- I'm saying if someone Googles them, the very first result is their website and if you try to look at menus there you have to pick a location.

It's not like you get routed to Disney.

SpectroMagician

I give it 1 year before the investors/ people who own this decide to cut their losses. There is just not enough of a market for this type of restaurant at Disney. People are already paying a ton of money just to be there, the market for those willing to spend that much on breakfast or lunch is very very small.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom