New Dumbo just the beginning of Circusland?

urbanvegan

Be careful

416126.png

Oh, I LOLed, Charlie....

Princess Kitty

Edit: The Goofy's Barnstormer retheme is reportedly undecided for now.

If the imagineers haven't reached a decision, let's help them out. If they do retheme Barnstormer, what should the new theme be?

Here are some of the rumors I've found on various boards:
1) Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs Mine Coaster
2) Alice/Cheshire Cat Coaster
3) Dumbo Circus Coaster (flying elephants)
4) Casey Jr. Circus Train
5) Mickey Mouse Circus theme (1936 cartoon)

The last 3 seem to tie in better with the Circusland idea. Any other rumors or ideas?

sponono88

I've only seen pictures of it, and that pic is cool. From other pictures I saw it looked very worn down by time. Maybe WDI could proove me wrong :lol:

I don't remember the ride looking worn out the last time I was there.. This was one of the original DL rides. While it isn't on the scale of Indy or SM, it's really well-made and a neat little addition to FL.

if you've only seen pictures I suggest taking a look at a video to get a better idea of what the ride is like. It isn't really talked about that often so I doubt many here even know this ride exists.. It is very detailed and looks even better at night when all the little villages are lit-up :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNJm6isN1Eo

TP2000

What is Casey Jr?

Dumbo's circus train from the movie, and a really zippy train ride at Disneyland that was one of the original 1955 opening attractions.

Here's a nice YouTube overview of the unique-to-Disneyland Casey Jr. Circus Train. It's a popular little ride, and provides a surpising thrill level without any heigh restrictions. WDW's Magic Kingdom needs more rides, and this would be a great C Ticket addition to Fantasyland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhp0Rw1wGnw

SirGoofy

Dumbo's circus train from the movie, and a really zippy train ride at Disneyland that was one of the original 1955 opening attractions.

Here's a nice YouTube overview of the unique-to-Disneyland Casey Jr. Circus Train. It's popular, and provides a surpising thrill level without any heigh restrictions. WDW's Magic Kingdom needs more rides, and this would be a great C Ticket addition to Fantasyland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhp0Rw1wGnw

TP, we don't need rides! We have experiences! ;)

_Scar

I watched that video and all I can say is I was wrong! Also notice in the video below the newer Casey Jr. is faster and has curved turns. DLP also has a storybook land canal ride, but idk which I like better. DL has Monstro and DLP has Cave of Wonders!

[youtube]yAVY8iKkn_k[/youtube]

TP2000

I watched that video and all I can say is I was wrong! Also notice in the video below the newer Casey Jr. is faster and has curved turns. DLP also has a storybook land canal ride, but idk which I like better. DL has Monstro and DLP has Cave of Wonders!

[youtube]yAVY8iKkn_k[/youtube]

Paris has a fun one too, and it's clearly more modern. The Paris version is actually a family-style roller coaster built by Vekoma and themed to the circus train. It has no driver, and is simply dispatched from the loading area like an average coaster. Similarly, the Paris version of StorybookLand Canal Boats have no captains, as they are simply boats floating along a guideway with no real narration aside from sound effects coming from the vignettes.

At Disneyland USA in Anaheim, Casey Jr. Circus Train is a real train driven by a Cast Member up in the locomotive cab. They control the speed of the train, and bring it to a stop. When they run two trains at a time on the track, it makes for interesting operations. The Disneyland version of StorybookLand Canal Boats are boats with electric motors, and they are driven by a hostess who sits on the back and gives a live spiel of the vignettes and show scenes, sort of like a feminine and cutesy version of the Jungle Cruise, without the jokes.

If Casey Jr. Circus Train ever is added to Magic Kingdom, I'm sure it would be the family coaster version like Paris has, if only to save on labor costs.

Interesting question though, as Casey Jr. Circus Train goes around the StorybookLand Canals in Anaheim and Paris. If they built one at Magic Kingdom, they would need to create entirely new show scenes and a plotline for the attraction. There are interesting possibilities there for Magic Kingdom!

_Scar

Walt Disney personally didn't want candy mountain he voted it out, but I forget the reason why. :confused:

http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/disneyland/candymountain.php

Why Wasn't It Built?
All during it's design, both Walt and the Imagineers felt that there wasn't something clicking with the project. John Hench was brought down to have a look at the designs and realised the problem - with so much candy, it looked sickly and unappealing - a tummy ache waiting to happen. Walt agreed and the whole project was put it the drawers.

~~~~~~~~~~

I like the no driver, but I'd also like 2 trains for shorter lines. Maybe a longer track too for maybe a sort of a TTA for FLand.

disneysroyal411

http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/disneyland/candymountain.php

Why Wasn't It Built?
All during it's design, both Walt and the Imagineers felt that there wasn't something clicking with the project. John Hench was brought down to have a look at the designs and realised the problem - with so much candy, it looked sickly and unappealing - a tummy ache waiting to happen. Walt agreed and the whole project was put it the drawers.

~~~~~~~~~~

I like the no driver, but I'd also like 2 trains for shorter lines. Maybe a longer track too for maybe a sort of a TTA for FLand.

Thanks for the recap!:)

NiarrNDisney

In the concept art for Dumbo there is a train pictured...

It's on the left hand side, visible through the carousel canopy support.

Is this a clue or am I just studying this photo way to hard?

I'm sorry either I am going blind or my age is catching up with me, where are you seeing this train?

The Conundrum

You can see Casey Jr. in both Dumbo renderings. He is on the left in the Dumbo Circus painting and a stationary version of him can be seen on the right in the overhead view of Dumbo. Casey jr. is a beloved Walt-era attraction and it was a question that got asked a few times during the conference and Eric Jacobson basically said "Don't take the art too literally but thre are bluesky ideas for Casey". Unfortuantly, "blue sky ideas" are the first things to get cut from the budget (see Beastly Kingdom and the DCA Grizzly peaks redo).

I have always said Disney needs 5 rides to save WDW:

1. Star Tours 2
2. Fantasy Kingdom or Journey to the center of the Earth for DAK
3. Tomorrowland attractions that are actually futuristic (no cartoons something that really ties into the future)
4. Casey Jr.
5. Journey into Imagination 4.0 (Dreamfinder & Figment, classy not obnoxious, big scope dark ride)

Bonus points for removing tarps/LAL/BAH, adding Indiana Jones ride, Marvel rides/charecters, and adding some more fantasyland dark rides (pinnochio and Alice in Wonderland)

Figment632

You can see Casey Jr. in both Dumbo renderings. He is on the left in the Dumbo Circus painting and a stationary version of him can be seen on the right in the overhead view of Dumbo. Casey jr. is a beloved Walt-era attraction and it was a question that got asked a few times during the conference and Eric Jacobson basically said "Don't take the art too literally but thre are bluesky ideas for Casey". Unfortuantly, "blue sky ideas" are the first things to get cut from the budget (see Beastly Kingdom and the DCA Grizzly peaks redo).

I have always said Disney needs 5 rides to save WDW:

1. Star Tours 2
2. Fantasy Kingdom or Journey to the center of the Earth for DAK
3. More dark rides in Fantasyland (Pinnochio, Wonderland)
4. Casey Jr.
5. Journey into Imagination 4.0 (Dreamfinder & Figment, classy not obnoxious, big scope dark ride)

I agree with everything you said except for this.

jt04

Clearly you have never been on the ride.

Riding it at night while the fireworks are going off and all the fantasyland rides are in action is a truely exquisite experince. Fun for the whole family unlike the meet/greets

The blueprint clearly shows a dead end piece of train track. That has always led me to believe the Casey train at WDW will be an elaborate LCI/animatronic show that appears on a schedule and where kids could walk up and interact with the animals. That would be amazing in my opinion. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom