New Dumbo just the beginning of Circusland?

The Conundrum

The blueprint clearly shows a dead end piece of train track. That has always led me to believe the Casey train at WDW will be an elaborate LCI/animatronic show that appears on a schedule and where kids could walk up and interact with the animals. That would be amazing in my opinion. :)

The Blueprints don't match the concept art though because Dumbo's Circus is shown in the lower right corner in the art and it is backed up by Jacobson saying that Barnstormer will be incorporated into the circus. The blueprints don't show Pixie Hollow in the correct area and they don't show the Pixie darkride which can also be seen in the art.

The blueprints are from an older version of the land.

JimboJones123

The Casey Jr in the pic looks to be either photo op, shopping, or snack vendor. Nothing more.

I would love to see them sell all kinds of wild popcorn there.

Will Toby Tyler be in Circusland? That would totally make my this my Disney decade. They did dig pretty deep for lots of the Blue Sky Cellar ideas at DCA.

I think the suits are finally getting the nostslgia that Disney gives people. Sure, the Bronze Age was great for Disney (Eisner Era) but they cannot keep forgetting the Gold and Silver ages.

Figment632

Clearly you have never been on the ride.

Riding it at night while the fireworks are going off and all the fantasyland rides are in action is a truely exquisite experince. Fun for the whole family unlike the meet/greets

Actually I was on it in May but not at night, if they build this in WDW in my eyes it has to be something more. They need to take Casey JR. to the next level.

Figment632

The Casey Jr in the pic looks to be either photo op, shopping, or snack vendor. Nothing more.

Will Toby Tyler be in Circusland? That would totally make my this my Disney decade. They did dig pretty deep for lots of the Blue Sky Cellar ideas at DCA.

I think the suits are finally getting the nostslgia that Disney gives people. Sure, the Bronze Age was great for Disney (Eisner Era) but they cannot keep forgetting the Gold and Silver ages.

I thought I heard a rumor when these plans first came out that they would be shop/stalls like the real scale train in DCA?

jt04

Ah the bronze age. :lol: Very clever.

jt04

The Blueprints don't match the concept art though because Dumbo's Circus is shown in the lower right corner in the art and it is backed up by Jacobson saying that Barnstormer will be incorporated into the circus. The blueprints don't show Pixie Hollow in the correct area and they don't show the Pixie darkride which can also be seen in the art.

That still does not explain the track leading from backstage in the original blueprint. It clearly dead ends "on stage". So even if the FL expansion has been reconfigured, that does not mean the concept (whatever it is) is no longer viable. It does not appear to be a ride or a static installation.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

WDI have said quite a few times that it's stilla work in progress, and things are being changed. So at this point both the concept art and the blueprint are not 100% pictures of what we'll see. But I would certainly agree that the concept art seems to show the most up-to-date rendition of what will happen.

jt04

WDI have said quite a few times that it's stilla work in progress, and things are being changed. So at this point both the concept art and the blueprint are not 100% pictures of what we'll see. But I would certainly agree that the concept art seems to show the most up-to-date rendition of what will happen.

I only wish we had the updated blueprint. :lookaroun

redkoala245

I like the idea for the new Dumbo area. But I hope it doesn't look tacky.
I remember when I was in DL a couple of years ago they had the Casey Jr. Train. But I never went on it when I was there.
I didn't know back then that Casey Jr. Train is from Dumbo. But if they put it in MK, I think that is a good idea. :)

GatorGambit

Ya can see it in high ews versions of the picture... like this one...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/Gallery/12Sep2009-New-Fantasyland-conceprt-art.htm

Left hand side... behind The Carousel.

It's interesting to notice that the concept art of Dumbo from the front appears to be a much earlier version, even before they went to the Double Dumbo idea. In this drawing it appears it is the currently existing Dumbo with a tent-themed queue are covering the ride. The fact that Cinderella's Carousel is partially seen on the left makes it even more clear that this is a very early-on concept set in the areas these attractions already exist. It should give some ideas as to the themeing of the new Double Dumbo area, though.

dolbyman

I don't remember the ride looking worn out the last time I was there.. This was one of the original DL rides. While it isn't on the scale of Indy or SM, it's really well-made and a neat little addition to FL.

if you've only seen pictures I suggest taking a look at a video to get a better idea of what the ride is like. It isn't really talked about that often so I doubt many here even know this ride exists.. It is very detailed and looks even better at night when all the little villages are lit-up :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNJm6isN1Eo

thanks for posting my video :wave:

Exprcoofto

I don't see a Pixie Darkride in the concept art. Where exactly is it? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom