New Disney Video Game?

JimboJones123

And just how many of us ever look in the video game forum? I've been here a few years and can't say I ever even realized there was one here much less ventured into it.

News of this game will be pretty sweet for even those of us aren't hardcore gamers. So why are you so set on the general population of this forum not hearing about this game?

If a moderator wants to move it, they will. You are not a moderator.

Besides that, the game seems to be very integrated into the parks. Country Bears. Cindy's Castle. Spaceship Earth.

It looks like that might be the DL It's A Small World on the far left of the Game Informer Cover.

So this is news / rumors about a game featuring the parks. If they onty had a forum for that???

Oh, wait, that is the title of this forum. What a perfect place for this thread to be!

JimboJones123

epicmickey.jpg

This may be Epic Mickey related as well. Especially with the B&W colors.

SonicRuin

Oswald as bad guy though? That's a bit of a shame. IMO it might be better if part of the game is Mickey helping to SAVE Oswald.

Dj Corona

Mechanized scorpion Country Bears, (did I just type that?! Yikes) That'll be a hard thought to get out of my head if I get time to watch their show when i'm there in a few weeks.

Scorpiotiger

Original Poster
I noticed the video game forum too late (oops). I'll be more mindful next time.

I'm not sure how I feel about it coming out on the Wii, but if it is based on the parks and attractions then it is definitely something to look forward too.

plutoismyhero

im all for disney video games. Kingdomhearts is one of my favorites but this game is all about painting color back into the world with a wiimote......im not sold on this right now

I think its wrong Walt's original character is going to be the main villain considering they could have used any of their villains or Pete. I am glad to see attention being brought back to Oswald after all these years, maybe we will finally get more merchandise for him.

JimboJones123

I totally disagree with the analysis of Donald. He may throw tantrums like a child, but like a child, he ultimatly respects his elders and understands the value of his relationship with Mickey.

He has never been charactorized as anything more than a friendly rival. No malicious behavior truly meant to hurt Mickey has ever been documented.

Figment as a gateway character / advisor / muse that guides Mickey would be great.

I also do not see the Song of the South characters being baddies. Especially as described. Although it would be a wild logical leap, in the end they would be upset because the suppression of the inferiority of non-whites message. Disney would never sign off on this story being used in any way that could cause a racial backlash, no matter how far fetched it may be.

Toad remains a Huge Disney character. Mickey's Christmas Carol is basically a Wind and the Willows Elseworlds tale.

With the scope of the story, there will be some kind of WED appearance. In what capacity, who knows, but it will be made. If KH 2 had not use Yen Sid, that would be a lock.

The game seems very based on color or lack there of. So, wonderfully world of colored characters as foes goes against the whole concept of the game.

Ravenclaw87

I'm not really an avid video game player (DBF is though!), but I am excited for this game.

Anyway, you know who I was thinking would fit perfectly into this game? Not Figment, but Dreamfinder. He is, after all, a lost Disney character... can you imagine if he's on the "bad" side?

SpectroPhoenix

This isn't really about the game itself, but the Game Informer website is doing an update every four or so days and today they're doing a video about the history of Mickey Mouse. Last time they had an interview with the game's creator about how he's a "Disney" person and his passion for Disney. It reminded me a lot of most of us on these boards:

http://gameinformer.com/mag/mickey.aspx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom