new Disney tv channel and POTC4 info(?)

jhastings74

Original Poster
Read Jim Hill's latest a few minutes ago where he talks about the transition Toon Disney is going to make into Disney XD next year, and I found it interesting that he mentioned POTC4:

Indeed, Mickey's marketing staff plans on using Disney XD to help make boys aware of many of the studio's upcoming release. Among the productions that are already slated to receive heavy duty promotion on this new cable channel are "Prince of Persia," "Tr2n," "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" and Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland."

So, does that make POTC4 'official' since they are already talking about promotion?

vilegirl

I love the POTC movies, but I don't want them to do another one just to do another one. I hope they don't cut corners on storyline etc.

PhilharMagician

This was talked about a while ago. Johnny Depp signed a contract to do PotC 4, Alice in Wonderland and another movie.

So for all that are asking. YES THERE WILL BE A PotC 4!

stitch2008

I saw that interview with Bruckheimer yesterday. Still way too early for casting.

Yeah. Bruckheimer said on Comingsoon.net that the writers are just now starting work on the Pirates 4 script, while they are finishing The Lone Ranger script. So in the end, I think the earliest we will see Pirates 4 is 2012.

PhilharMagician

Yeah. Bruckheimer said on Comingsoon.net that the writers are just now starting work on the Pirates 4 script, while they are finishing The Lone Ranger script. So in the end, I think the earliest we will see Pirates 4 is 2012.

:hammer:That was the other movie that I couldn't think of. Johnny Depp signed on to play the part of Tonto in The Lone Ranger.

stitch2008

:hammer:That was the other movie that I couldn't think of. Johnny Depp signed on to play the part of Tonto in The Lone Ranger.

Correct. And George Clooney is rumored to be playing the lone ranger himself; although Bruckheimer says they havent picked an actor yet. He also says they havent picked a director, and I dont think he's going to pick Gore Verbinksi(Pirates) because...

A. He's working on Bioshock( based off of the video game)
B. Jerry will need him IF Pirates 4 starts prep(if Jerry still wants him as director) Which could be happening during principle photography on The Lone Ranger.

I think Tony Gilroy(Bourne Movies, Michael Clayton) would be a good director for The Lone Ranger. Anyway, this Disney XD should be a good way to promote all of these big movies Disney has in their upcoming slate.

jhastings74

Original Poster
Correct. And George Clooney is rumored to be playing the lone ranger himself; although Bruckheimer says they havent picked an actor yet. He also says they havent picked a director, and I dont think he's going to pick Gore Verbinksi(Pirates) because...

A. He's working on Bioshock( based off of the video game)
B. Jerry will need him IF Pirates 4 starts prep(if Jerry still wants him as director) Which could be happening during principle photography on The Lone Ranger.

I think Tony Gilroy(Bourne Movies, Michael Clayton) would be a good director for The Lone Ranger. Anyway, this Disney XD should be a good way to promote all of these big movies Disney has in their upcoming slate.

I agree...I think transitioning ToonDisney to Disney XD is a very wise move. They have really pushed the market for young girls, between the Princesses and now Pixie Hollow, so girls are a solid revenue source...they needed to do something to attract the 'tween' boys and this was a very good idea, and like has been said, an excellent place to promote those new upcoming projects...

On a side note, I thought Verbinski was an 'automatic' for POTC4, because I thought Depp had stated he would not return to the series unless Gore was the Director....

...can anyone second that?:confused:

stitch2008

Oh I think Gore is going to direct Pirates 4. I just dont think that Gore will direct The Lone Ranger because he is working on Bioshock, which is supposed to come out in 2010. The Lone Ranger is said to be released in 2011. Sorry about any confusion. Anyway, Depp did say he would not return unless Gore, Ted, and Terry(writers) came back. And from the sounds of it Ted and Terry are already at work on Pirates 4.

jhastings74

Original Poster
Oh I think Gore is going to direct Pirates 4. I just dont think that Gore will direct The Lone Ranger because he is working on Bioshock, which is supposed to come out in 2010. The Lone Ranger is said to be released in 2011. Sorry about any confusion. Anyway, Depp did say he would not return unless Gore, Ted, and Terry(writers) came back. And from the sounds of it Ted and Terry are already at work on Pirates 4.

Sorry for the confusion on my part, too:)brick:), and thanks for the clarification!:wave:

Kamikaze

Read Jim Hill's latest a few minutes ago where he talks about the transition Toon Disney is going to make into Disney XD next year, and I found it interesting that he mentioned POTC4:

Indeed, Mickey's marketing staff plans on using Disney XD to help make boys aware of many of the studio's upcoming release. Among the productions that are already slated to receive heavy duty promotion on this new cable channel are "Prince of Persia," "Tr2n," "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" and Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland."

So, does that make POTC4 'official' since they are already talking about promotion?

It made it official when they paid Depp $60m to do it.

slappy magoo

I just figured they were doing POTC4....almost everyone loves the first 3 movies so wouldnt it make sense to make a 4th????

I don't mind a movie that requires my full attention, but the latter 2 Pirates movies were mind-numbingly tedious. For all the action they each had, I gave up trying to care midway through the second movie, and a quarter through the third.

The supposed plan is to insure this movie is a simpler, standalone story.

jhastings74

Original Poster
I don't mind a movie that requires my full attention, but the latter 2 Pirates movies were mind-numbingly tedious. For all the action they each had, I gave up trying to care midway through the second movie, and a quarter through the third.

The supposed plan is to insure this movie is a simpler, standalone story.

And here I LIKED the more 'tedious' story-lines...it gave me an excuse to go out and buy the DVDs to watch them over and over...

("...but HONEY...I didn't understand why there were so many Jacks on the ship...":shrug:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom