New Disney Game!! OMG LOOKS INSANE!!!!

Wilt Dasney

This is so weird, and feels like the opposite of what a Mickey and friends game should be. (I could see it working more with NBC or some other darker-themed Disney material.) Still...color me intrigued. That shot of the robotic Monstro with a half-destroyed SSE, Earfful Tower and ToT on his back is very interesting.

CastleBound

Yea this game seems awesome and strange at the same time. Obviously not what we are used to, but who knows, could be cool. We need more details to tell us what kind of game it is.

pilka214

it almost seems too dark... unless the dark half robot things are like evil and mickey is battling them. I don't want to play as a half mechanized-zombie goofy

Wilt Dasney

Depending on what comes of this, it might be worth getting a Wii for. (This from a guy who hasn't bought a console since the N64.) :lookaroun

Tink313

Depending on what comes of this, it might be worth getting a Wii for. (This from a guy who hasn't bought a console since the N64.) :lookaroun

You should get one. The new Black Wii should be coming to the U.S. within a year. It'll be worth it for this game and maybe for the midway mania game coming out in Sept (for when you missing disney Corny I know :zipit:) :eek:

mightyman335

Rumor from Joystq:Today, CVG has posted some info from an anonymous source about the design of the game, which makes it sound kind of Okami-like, in that player interact with levels by painting directly onto them with the Wii Remote. "This 'painting your way' involves you drawing, etching and erasing whole or parts of levels as you go." Unsurprisingly, given the reliance on the pointer, CVG says the game is a Wii exclusive.

The story CVG describes had better be the real story. "We've also been told that it'll be based around very old and/or forgotten Disney characters who are out to get their revenge on Mickey," according to the site, "presumably because they're jealous of all his fame and fortune." Lending credence to this storyline is the fact that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit can be seen on the rocket in the above artwork.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/30/rumor-details-about-warren-spectors-epic-mickey-emerge/

FigmentJedi

it almost seems too dark... unless the dark half robot things are like evil and mickey is battling them. I don't want to play as a half mechanized-zombie goofy

I think those robot things are connecting to the absolutely horrifying take on the Phantom Blot shown in some concept art.

Figment571

Wow, even from the look of the concept art, there is a lot of background research going on. This could totally be a good game, and a better one for Disney fans, all the little ZOMG!!!!! LOOK AT THAT!!!! LULZ!!! details could really be cool.
And where did you see Phantom Blot stuff?

Just an idea here, Zombie AA Nixon.:lol::lookaroun

sublimesting

This is so weird, and feels like the opposite of what a Mickey and friends game should be. (I could see it working more with NBC or some other darker-themed Disney material.) Still...color me intrigued. That shot of the robotic Monstro with a half-destroyed SSE, Earfful Tower and ToT on his back is very interesting.

I agree totally. Can't help wondering what would Walt be thinking...:zipit:

DisneyDellsDude

I agree totally. Can't help wondering what would Walt be thinking...:zipit:
He'll think it looks amazing!

Not the same pixie dust we get shoved down our throats every day at the parks anymore - where all Mickey does is laugh and ask if you're having a magical time.:lol: But it's true.:lookaroun

Mickey did used to be mischievous once...
Not a corporate mascot.:(

IMO, the game looks great from the screen shots so far!

Mr_Tom_Morrow

can anyone explain what this game is about??? Mickey is in hell? ? :shrug:

from what ive read its being based around an obscure thought Walt Disney had about what would happen if Mickey committed suicide(if this is in fact true,Walt is one twisted individual,LOVE IT!!)he doesn't fully die and is somehow kept alive,and whats left living is "forgotten" and run by Oswald the Rabbit and Phantom Blot,Mickey tries to return everything back to normal.

disneysroyal411

What about KH BBS (Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep) I want that game so bad! Anyway whats goin on! Did they watch a Nazi Zombies trailer from Call of Duty World at War and think "Well here's to how to get to that teenage generation!":lookaroun Just put it on Xbox and PS3 and it might sell.

majortom1981

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a180974/first-epic-mickey-details-revealed.html

The game's story will follow forgotten Disney characters, rides and cartoons - led by the studio's first creation Oswald the Rabbit - as they seek revenge on the world, according to Eurogamer.
Unleashing the polluting Phantom Bolt, Mickey seeks off to clean environments and restore balance. Using Wii controls, the pointer can mend bridges by colouring them in, clean away rubble with an eraser, or glance through walls using paint thinner.
As well as a dark and twisted art style, Mickey will also receive a makeover, which is revealed at a later time.

This game looks awesome I can't wait

Wilt Dasney

I'm liking the concept of making the game focus on "forgotten Disney characters, rides and cartoons." How often do people on this board ask for a "Retroland" park of discontinued rides? That idea will probably never happen, but this might be a cool use of the concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom