New discounts are out

captainkidd

Won't do me any good since all of July is blacked out - Thanks Disney.:mad: But for anyone else going this year:

April 2011 - October 2011 - Save up to 40% Valid for stays select nights 4/28/11-6/14/11 and 8/16/11-10/1/11.
Save up to 35% off the non-discounted price when booking a room at Walt Disney World for stays most nights 4/28/11-6/14/11.

• Save 15% at All Star Movies
  • Save 20% on Select Disney Value Resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Save 25% on Select Disney Moderate Resorts, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort
  • Save 30% on Select Disney Deluxe Resorts
  • Save 35% on Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Save up to 40% off the non-discounted price when booking a room at Walt Disney World for stays most nights 8/16/11-10/1/11.

• Save 20% at All Star Movies
  • Save 25% on Select Disney Value Resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Save 30% on Select Disney Moderate Resorts, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort
  • Save 35% on Select Disney Deluxe Resorts
  • Save 40% on Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

• SMP
  • YW3
This discount must be booked from 1/3/11 to 3/27/11. Discounted rates available most nights 4/28/11-6/14/11 and 8/16/11-10/1/11. There is a limited number of rooms available for this discount. There may be a minimum length of stay requirement for Friday or Saturday arrivals. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I just called today to try to get the discount for Wilderness Lodge in May and the woman on the phone told me that the passholder discount still only went up to April 16. Did I get someone who just didn't know what they were talking about, or did you get lucky by getting it before 1/3? Do I need a specific coupon code? I usually just ask for "the passholder discount."

edit: is "SMP" what I need to get the discount?
It's not a passholder discount. It's a general public discount.

When I called I gave him both codes from the OP:

• SMP
  • YW3

Upvote 0

daks

It's not a passholder discount. It's a general public discount.

When I called I gave him both codes from the OP:

• SMP
  • YW3

Oh, thank you. I assumed that it was a passholder discount, probably because the percentages are around what I'm used to getting for passholder.

I live near Miami, so I've always gotten a seasonal pass and wasn't quite aware of the public discount. Is the passholder discount usually bigger? Does this mean that I might save more? :)

When I called, she informed me that a 10-night stay in Wilderness Lodge (standard with woods) beginning May 17 would come out to 2600 with the best discount available. However, the coupon in the OP says the discount should be 30% and my math makes the cost come out to 2040. I know that OP says most nights, but with passholder I usually get all of them within the designated dates. What I see here is either she didn't find this coupon or it just doesn't apply to all of the nights I asked for.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Oh, thank you. I assumed that it was a passholder discount, probably because the percentages are around what I'm used to getting for passholder.

I live near Miami, so I've always gotten a seasonal pass and wasn't quite aware of the public discount. Is the passholder discount usually bigger? Does this mean that I might save more? :)

When I called, she informed me that a 10-night stay in Wilderness Lodge (standard with woods) beginning May 17 would come out to 2600 with the best discount available. However, the coupon in the OP says the discount should be 30% and my math makes the cost come out to 2040. I know that OP says most nights, but with passholder I usually get all of them within the designated dates. What I see here is either she didn't find this coupon or it just doesn't apply to all of the nights I asked for.
I just went on-line, a Standard room at WL for ten nights starting May 17 costs $3544, with a 30% discount that would be $2480. With a Woods view, that goes to $3825, with a 30% discount that would be $2677.50 [which sounds like what she quoted you].

Not sure where you're getting the $2040 from...

Upvote 0

daks

I just went on-line, a Standard room at WL for ten nights starting May 17 costs $3544, with a 30% discount that would be $2480. With a Woods view, that goes to $3825, with a 30% discount that would be $2677.50 [which sounds like what she quoted you].

Not sure where you're getting the $2040 from...

I made a mathematical error. You are correct. I appreciate that you put forth the effort. :wave:

Upvote 0
Sorry if this is a silly question, but do I have to mention the codes SMP and YW3 when I book my room? What are these codes? Shouldn't the person I speak with on the phone already know what codes to enter when I tell them I want the current discount for 30% off? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Rob562

I hope the answer to this question isn't as obvious as I think. If I plan to stay Sept. 30-Oct. 6, does the discount stop after Oct. 1? I've heard that for promos like Free Dining, the offer applies to your entire stay, up to 14 days, as long as you check-in by the end date.

You'll get the discount for the first couple nights of your trip, but then your rate will revert to the rack rate. (If you book online, you'll see those nightly rate differences when you go through the reservation screens)

Glad that some discounts have come out for early June. I have a week at a DVC property that I traded into through RCI, but still needed a single room-only night for the first night of the trip...

-Rob

Upvote 0

riogirl

Can you get the discount on the rooms if you are already booked for August and if you have free dining too? Can discounts be combined?? Thanks

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Can you get the discount on the rooms if you are already booked for August and if you have free dining too? Can discounts be combined?? Thanks
Unfortunately you can't combine discounts. You'd have to do some math and see which one is better for your trip.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I am already booked for August with free dining at a mod but I will wait until tomorrow and see which deal is better. My guess is the free dining since we are a family of 4 but 3 on the plan (other one will be 2) but we shall see.:)

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
MontyMon, Curious what dates are you going? I called and they said that codes would not work until tomorrow.
I'm arriving 27 August, departing 5 September. Maybe the codes are in the system and they've been told not to use them yet, but my guy forgot? :shrug:

And don't AP discounts usually come out first?
General Public discounts always come out first. Then if they don't get enough bookings, they'll increase the discounts slightly for AP holders.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that MouseSavers doesn't list these discounts?

They aren't. I combed the site and couldn't find them on there.

Looking at the historical release dates of discounts, March is the earliest that anything is being listed as offered. However, I know that 4/3 was available for June 2009 in November 2008 because I booked it while my husband was deer hunting. I don't know. I'm curious as to why there is a lack of discounts for June-July. I figure they will come out later. People with July check-ins can start making ADRs this month. Maybe the wait is to see just how many people book for June-July.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom