New DHS Logo and info.

Animaniac93-98

Aside from the odd alignment, I really like the new logo. I love the gold trim and the fact that Clipboard Mickey is still there (and in this logo, he actually look to be a part of it, not just inserted in) and I love the "Hollywood" font. Definitely grasps the classiness and glamor of the Golden Age of Hollywood. I think a better alignment though would have been this:
disneyshollywoodstudiosxq7.gif

But either way, it was much better than what I was expecting.

Tha simple change makes it look much better. And yes I do like MGM dispite what my previous suggested title said (which was only a general staement based on what most people say). The park has the best in theme park resturants, and the best store, Sid's. I love Muppets and the GMR and the old Hollywood look. You could spend the whole day watching the Streetmosphere characters, but it does have some major issues that hopefully will be fixed.

duck_daddy

I am really pleased with the logo. I was afraid, given the current condition of advertisement at Disney, that it would be one of our newer, computer generated, friends adorning the signage. I am very pleased to see that stuck with classical, hand-drawn Mickey. Yeah the alignment could use some work, but minor gripes for now. Maybe when it is put into affect some adjustments will be made.

darthjohnny

Why does everyone think it was going to be a Pixar character or someone like Stitch?

Mickey is an obvious choice. When it comes to Disney, he's still the mouse to turn to. :)

TTATraveler

I like the new logo, looks classy. I especially like Mickey inside the "O". The font orientation, while different, doesn't bother me at all.

duck_daddy

Why does everyone think it was going to be a Pixar character or someone like Stitch?

Mickey is an obvious choice. When it comes to Disney, he's still the mouse to turn to. :)
Mickey would also be the obvious choice for doing a voiceover during the monorail speil as well then huh? Well guess what? Our furry little friend Stitch is/was doing that. Heck, they turned one whole pavillion over at Epcot into Nemoland. Just for the record I like Nemoland. But Mickey hasn't been implemented in too many new things inside the parks. I was really thinking the new logo would be a collage of characters old and new gathered around the new name. So yeah the whole Mickey thing makes me extremely happy.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I really like it, and I have always wondered why Disney doesn't move some shows to MGM. Like they could have a pixar studio showing how they use computer annimation.

tirian

Love the lettering, love the alignment (center justification is boring), love the Mickey placement.

HATE the "oh-my-gosh-I-just-learned-how-to-use-Photoshop-and-have-fallen-in-love-with-fake-bevels-and-gloss" look.

Oh, well, everyone's a critic. :rolleyes:

Horizons1986

Just a quick question:

Do you think that Disney will spend a decade or so trying to "update" the Disney-MGM Studios by giving it a new name, a new theme and possibly changing some of the classic rides for newer ones?

Then does anyone think in 10 or 15 years from now people (including Disney) will become nostalgic for the old "MGM" days and spend quite a bit of money returning the park to its former glory? Sounds an awful lot like what is happening at another WDW park right now.

Why waste the time and money now when eventually it all may come full circle?

tirian

Just a quick question:

Do you think that Disney will spend a decade or so trying to "update" the Disney-MGM Studios by giving it a new name, a new theme and possibly changing some of the classic rides for newer ones?

Then does anyone think in 10 or 15 years from now people (including Disney) will become nostalgic for the old "MGM" days and spend quite a bit of money returning the park to its former glory? Sounds an awful lot like what is happening at another WDW park right now.

Why waste the time and money now when eventually it all may come full circle?

Honestly, MGM never had its "former glory." When it was a real studio, it lacked enough attractions. When Disney added more attractions, they dumped them onto one side of the park and left the other one incredibly undeveloped. ToT, RnRC, and Fantasmic have been around since the 90s. LMA opened in 2005. Then Disney destroyed the only themed area of the park with a plastic hat.

This will never come full circle like at Epcot.

EDIT:

Imagine D**k Tracy's Crimestoppers, a Roger Rabbit attraction, another Muppet attraction, and a James Bond attraction...all in addition to everything else that's here. Add a functioning animation studio, and you've got the best entertainment-themed park on earth. Too bad it never materialized.

dxwwf3

Honestly, MGM never had its "former glory."

I can see your points, but I really enjoyed the park when it first opened as a kid. I've always been a big movie fan and I really enjoyed the old Backstage Studio Tour that was just too long for an average guest. And the original Animation attraction was a huge treat for kids and adults alike. And Hollywood Blvd has always been one of my favorite spots at WDW. So, for me, MGM most certainly did have a former glory, it's just not at the level of a mid 80's - mid 90's Epcot. But nothing does :lol:

Horizons1986

Yeah, I understand what you mean. The park did have so much potential when it opened but it did fall short along the way. I just remember being little back in '89 the first time I made it there and it instantly became my favorite park for the next 10 years. I grew up on Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and Roger Rabbit. Not to mention the park had the Great Movie Ride and the Tower of Terror.

The old backlot tour was great. I still remember when my sister and I got the chance to ride on the bee from Honey I shrunk the Kids on the old tour.

The last trip where I feel like MGM was its old self was the first time I went when Rockin Roller Coaster was open. It was 2000. I do enjoy the ride but for me it was the first attraction that sort of left the old direction the park was going and into the new direction. Ever since then things have changed quite a bit.

I still enjoy going to the park, but it is no longer my favorite.

I do understand what you mean though.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention that the Hat and the Lights, Motors whatever it is called REALLY take away from the park. That is just my opinon though.

daliseurat

Wow. It looks like...it just...it...It's not good. It's not professional. It looks like some design student who doesn't really have any talent, but just learned photoshop threw it together. The Font is fine. The color is fine. The alignment is horrible. Stacking it looks terrible. It should be one line, maybe with "Disney's" stacked. I do and don't like the Mickey. I hope this is a test, or a prototype. Bleah.

But. It is better than the old 3 font logo which never was any good.

jasondiff

Wow. It looks like...it just...it...It's not good. It's not professional. It looks like some design student who doesn't really have any talent, but just learned photoshop threw it together. The Font is fine. The color is fine. The alignment is horrible. Stacking it looks terrible. It should be one line, maybe with "Disney's" stacked. I do and don't like the Mickey. I hope this is a test, or a prototype. Bleah.

But. It is better than the old 3 font logo which never was any good.

That was pretty much the same thing people said about the Soarin' logo when it first came out!

Spyne

I think it looks pretty good. Obviously it will take some getting used to though.

But I do agree it has that "classic Hollywood" look to it. :) Can't wait to see the new logo around the park itself when the signs are changed. :D

daliseurat

Logo design is an art. And since Disney is filled with some of the most talented folks, seeing these poorly designed logos is unforgivable. I've seen better work from amateurs doing these websites. Actually, some of these self designed websites are amazing in their design.

Dragonrider1227

I'm sorry if I offend, but I think that MGM is only a half day park to people who can't appreciate more than just rides. It has the best, in my opinion,:

Thrill Ride - Tower of Terror
Roller Coaster - RNRC
3D Film - Muppet Vision
Nighttime Spectacular - Fantasmic!
Themed Restuarant - 50's Prime Time Cafe
Walk Thru - One Man's Dream

in all of WDW. I like DHS a lot more that most people, but I do think that the park does need some work. But with that said, I think it is still the 2nd best park on property right behind Epcot.
Here! Here! :sohappy: DHS is my second favorite as well. Not for the rides, but for the theme. (My first being Magic Kingdom)
and I like the new logo. It's simple, classy, and has Mickey Mouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom