New Destinations coming to Star Tours

Eckert

That actually looks pretty lame. Strangely slow...and video game console quality. Weird.
I would imagine the motions of the cabin help amplify the experience.

I hope it's NOT just the Millennium Falcon flying through stuff. We've seen that in the trailers!

PorterRedkey

I guess this means we won't see Kashyyyk, Hoth, and Tatooine for who know how many months.
I know they want everyone to see the new scene, but I will miss the 2nd scenes. I always ride it at least 3 or 4 times a visit so I really appreciate the random nature of the scenes.

PorterRedkey

Yup. Full of wreckage that was put there like three-four years after the supposed time-setting of the rest of the ride and First Order TIES that won't exist for decades.
I'm guessing you have a problem with the timeline. It already has problems as you probably know with the Hoth AT-AT scene. It does seem like they really don't feel this is important. When I think about it bother me, but when I am actually riding the ride I am having to much fun to be concerned with timelines.

*Q*

I know they want everyone to see the new scene, but I will miss the 2nd scenes. I always ride it at least 3 or 4 times a visit so I really appreciate the random nature of the scenes.
Maybe I was assuming, but I thought it was the first planet that was getting replaced?

FigmentJedi

I'm guessing you have a problem with the timeline. It already has problems as you probably know with the Hoth AT-AT scene. It does seem like they really don't feel this is important. When I think about it bother me, but when I am actually riding the ride I am having to much fun to be concerned with timelines.
At least George pulled an explanation out of his butt on that one to ease the Imagineers minds: Echo Base wasn't the first time the Rebels were on Hoth. Imps ruled out the possibility of them returning after the Star Tours battle

Phroobar

Didn't you know that all Star Speeder 1000s are equipped with Flux Capacitors? Thanks to Doc Brown, that is why you fly in space AND time.

IMG_5089c-650x433.jpg

http://www.endorexpress.net/2011/07/flux-capacitor/

WhatJaneSays

That actually looks pretty lame. Strangely slow...and video game console quality. Weird.
Pretty much all simulator footage that’s intended to be presented in 3D tends to look slow or lower quality when trimmed down to 2D and without accompanying simulator.

(The footage used from Star Tours for the Falcon on DCL has been re-rendered to compensate for that so it looks good as standalone scenes.)

RandySavage

If you go back (via youtube) and look at similar videos for the original Star Tours re-do, they look just like that (something looks "off" compared to what we're used to with high-quality CG films). As noted above, it has to do with the translation of 3-D to a 2-D format, and that "off-ness" goes away when you're on the actual ride with 3-D glasses on.

That Guy

It makes sense that they would use Jakku. This is one part of the film that was most likely done completely in CGI. I'm sure it made the transfer easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom