Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Fido Chuckwagon

Not questioning - but where was the math on this?
It’s been posted a lot in this thread, and these estimates are conservative, but:

1. We know from insiders that DAS users were using at least 50-75 percent of lightning lane capacity; and
2. We know from insiders here and all over the place that the LL: standby ratio ranges from 80 percent LL / 20 percent standby to 95 percent LL / 5 percent standby. Multiplying the minimums and maximums of those together gives you 40-71 percent of overall ride capacity on the popular attractions being hoovered up by DAS powerusers.
Again, those numbers are a conservative estimate, it was also posted in this thread that Disney feared that DAS use might approach 100 percent of the LL on Tianas when it opens.

Splash4eva

Looking at this as someone that would abuse the system (as in nothing mentally or physically is stopping them). You could walk into Magic kingdom right now 3:45pm. Put your DAS in from 7D (for a 4:55 return). Grab a 4:35 Space mountain, spend the next 50 mins doing short waits (Mermaid, Dumbo, Tea party are 10, then hit 2 heavy hitters back to back. So in the same time a non-DAS user can hit 7D (even if they bought G+). A DAS abuser could hit Mermaid, Dumbo, Tea party, Space, and 7D
View attachment 780732
What confuses me is how is this abuse?!? Its literally what is allowed and what Disney encourages?!?
People are getting upset and mad at a group of people who on every average day is at a hardship or “disadvantage” to almost everyone in the world. Who would give up everything to be living a life with NO disabilities. Its scary how this thread has gone.

TrainsOfDisney

gives you 40-71 percent of overall ride capacity on the popular attractions being hoovered up by DAS powerusers.
That’s a huge difference.

I’ve seen the DAS lines get pretty backed up for some of the Disneyland dark rides that don’t have any genie or LL - there is no possible way they are using even half as that would mean every other vehicle getting dispatched is DAS and you can see that is not the case. 40% seems way more in line with reality based on what I’ve seen - and that’s not all day, that’s at specific times when the DAS line was super long.

Obviously I can only compare to what I’ve seen, but Peter Pan is the ultimate of popular rides and that’s visible.

Edit to add - I realize Disneyland Park has way more over all attraction Capacity than MK let alone other WDW parks.

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

What confuses me is how is this abuse?!? Its literally what is allowed and what Disney encourages?!?
People are getting upset and mad at a group of people who on every average day is at a hardship or “disadvantage” to almost everyone in the world. Who would give up everything to be living a life with NO disabilities. Its scary how this thread has gone.

I think the point is that someone who lies to get DAS gets a pretty major advantage, which is why so many people do it.

The Mom

Premium Member
Looking at this as someone that would abuse the system (as in nothing mentally or physically is stopping them). You could walk into Magic kingdom right now 3:45pm. Put your DAS in from 7D (for a 4:55 return). Grab a 4:35 Space mountain, spend the next 50 mins doing short waits (Mermaid, Dumbo, Tea party are 10, then hit 2 heavy hitters back to back. So in the same time a non-DAS user can hit 7D (even if they bought G+). A DAS abuser could hit Mermaid, Dumbo, Tea party, Space, and 7D
View attachment 780732
If you factor in the actual time on the attraction, plus time running from attraction to attraction, the number of rides decreases.

Purduevian

Sorry this is Not abuse if you qualify for DAS. This just shows why people would be encouraged to abuse

Tha Realest

The OP explicitly prefaced his comment by referring to someone who has no physical or mental need for DAS; as in, an abuser of the system.

This is where it gets so complicated for me.. as someone with a person who has a family member with extreme special needs… I see him suffer every day and I see my sister and her husband fear for his future and who will take care of him when they are gone… and all these other issues and challenges that people with “typical”children don’t deal with (I hate the word normal, none of us are lol) …

So when I see these threads I see a lot of posts where people who have all these needs and struggles feel attacked for getting an accommodation that would be an “advantage” if they were not disabled..
and that really hurts my heart.

I know life is hard for those with extra challenges… and personally I (and most people ) wouldn’t have an issue waiting 10 or 20 more minutes to allow these folks some extra magic in their lives…

That said, I also have waited in hot crowded standby lines with a toddler who didn’t have special needs, but was still a handful in that scenario… and it certainly was not fun.

And then I think the big challenge is that while most of us who do not have special needs want to be kind to others that do… I think that the generosity becomes thin when it’s a person with challenges and 7 of their friends .. and then many many groups of others with needs and their friends and family.

It is such a balancing act. And I wouldn’t want to be Disney right now..
but my heart does break for those who need accommodations and feel uncertain.

And I feel for those who would like to not wait in a 3 hour standby line with their children after spending all the time and money to take this trip…

I truly hope that Disney is able to offer those who help the help they need, while also keeping the waits of other guests more manageable.

The OP explicitly prefaced his comment by referring to someone who has no physical or mental need for DAS; as in, an abuser of the system.
Agreed. Without a disability what was posted (which is possible) … would be abuse.
But then I guess they are already abusing the system because they have the pass they shouldn’t have to begin with….I truly hope Disney makes good on the promise to bam those who are caught lying.

Splash4eva

This is where it gets so complicated for me.. as someone with a person who has a family member with extreme special needs… I see him suffer every day and I see my sister and her husband fear for his future and who will take care of him when they are gone… and all these other issues and challenges that people with “typical”children don’t deal with (I hate the word normal, none of us are lol) …

So when I see these threads I see a lot of posts where people who have all these needs and struggles feel attacked for getting an accommodation that would be an “advantage” if they were not disabled..
and that really hurts my heart.

I know life is hard for those with extra challenges… and personally I (and most people ) wouldn’t have an issue waiting 10 or 20 more minutes to allow these folks some extra magic in their lives…

That said, I also have waited in hot crowded standby lines with a toddler who didn’t have special needs, but was still a handful in that scenario… and it certainly was not fun.

And then I think the big challenge is that while most of us who do not have special needs want to be kind to others that do… I think that the generosity becomes thin when it’s a person with challenges and 7 of their friends .. and then many many groups of others with needs and their friends and family.

It is such a balancing act. And I wouldn’t want to be Disney right now..
but my heart does break for those who need accommodations and feel uncertain.

And I feel for those who would like to not wait in a 3 hour standby line with their children after spending all the time and money to take this trip…

I truly hope that Disney is able to offer those who help the help they need, while also keeping the waits of other guests more manageable.
Blame Disney for allowing bigger party sizes. Blame Disney for allowing 2 pre books. Blame Disney for their policies. You cant blame maybe the 2% of guest who are lying to get it under completely fraud and selfish terms.

Purduevian

If you factor in the actual time on the attraction, plus time running from attraction to attraction, the number of rides decreases.
I said start time was 3:45pm. I am assuming all walking speed is @3 miles per hour wait times were accurate at 3:45pm.
DAS user (that does not need DAS, but got it anyway thus is abusing the system, OR a legitimate non-abusing DAS member following Disney's rules)Non-DAS user
Walk to mad tea party ~0.3 miles [3:51pm]Walk to 7D ~.33 mile [3:52pm]
10 min wait for ride [4:01pm]75 minute wait [5:07pm]
90 second ride [4:03pm]3 min ride [5:10pm]
Walk to little mermaid ~.14 miles [4:06pm]Walk to Space mountain [5:14pm] (Can make new LL at 5:14PM) via thrill data could book a 6:15 return time for Buzz)
10 min wait for ride [4:16pm]15 min wait in the LL [5:29pm]
7 minute ride [4:23pm]
3 min ride (1 min for exit) [5:33pm]
Walk to dumbo ~0.05 miles [4:24pm]
10 min wait for ride [4:34pm]
90 second ride [4:36pm]
Walk to space mountain ~.2 miles [4:40pm] (Can make new LL at 4:40pm) via thrill data could book a 5:50pm return time for Buzz)
Lets call it a 15 min LL wait for Space [4:55pm]
3 min ride (1 min for exit) [4:59]
walk to 7D ~.2 miles [5:03pm] (can book another DAS return time for JC at 5:13pm that will be ready to be redeemed at 5:48pm
We can call it 15 mins in ILL [5:18pm]
3 min ride (5:21pm)
Tried to make it a more more complete and fair comparison I included walking distance and ride time.

DAS user (that legitimately can do this and is not abusing, or DAS abuser that has no right to DAS) vs Non-DAS user got on Mermaid, Dumbo, Teacups a 25minute sooner LL return time to buzz, a return time for JC is 27 minutes from getting off 7D and ended Space/7D 12 minutes earlier.

Also if you genuinely have DAS for needs you probably need that time for rest, sitting, the bathroom etc. I think that’s something people keep forgetting is typically a disability slows you down.
This example is meant for either a person that does not need that time, but still can not wait in a line more than about 15-20 mins or a person/group that has no need for DAS that got it anyway.

To be clear I do not think people that need DAS and do this are abusing the system, Disney allows this. My points are:
1) DAS can be a clear advantage to those that do NOT need it thus it promotes people to lie to obtain it
2) Disney should not allow DAS to redeem a LL while waiting for a DAS time (something you can not do if waiting is standby). It wouldn't solve everything, but would eliminate the 12 minute advantage and to 25 minute sooner LL return time.

Splash4eva

I said start time was 3:45pm. I am assuming all walking speed is @3 miles per hour wait times were accurate at 3:45pm.
DAS user (that does not need DAS, but got it anyway thus is abusing the system, OR a legitimate non-abusing DAS member following Disney's rules)Non-DAS user
Walk to mad tea party ~0.3 miles [3:51pm]Walk to 7D ~.33 mile [3:52pm]
10 min wait for ride [4:01pm]75 minute wait [5:07pm]
90 second ride [4:03pm]3 min ride [5:10pm]
Walk to little mermaid ~.14 miles [4:06pm]Walk to Space mountain [5:14pm] (Can make new LL at 5:14PM) via thrill data could book a 6:15 return time for Buzz)
10 min wait for ride [4:16pm]15 min wait in the LL [5:29pm]
7 minute ride [4:23pm]
3 min ride (1 min for exit) [5:33pm]
Walk to dumbo ~0.05 miles [4:24pm]
10 min wait for ride [4:34pm]
90 second ride [4:36pm]
Walk to space mountain ~.2 miles [4:40pm] (Can make new LL at 4:40pm) via thrill data could book a 5:50pm return time for Buzz)
Lets call it a 15 min LL wait for Space [4:55pm]
3 min ride (1 min for exit) [4:59]
walk to 7D ~.2 miles [5:03pm] (can book another DAS return time for JC at 5:13pm that will be ready to be redeemed at 5:48pm
We can call it 15 mins in ILL [5:18pm]
3 min ride (5:21pm)
Tried to make it a more more complete and fair comparison I included walking distance and ride time.

DAS user (that legitimately can do this and is not abusing, or DAS abuser that has no right to DAS) vs Non-DAS user got on Mermaid, Dumbo, Teacups a 25minute sooner LL return time to buzz, a return time for JC is 27 minutes from getting off 7D and ended Space/7D 12 minutes earlier.

This example is meant for either a person that does not need that time, but still can not wait in a line more than about 15-20 mins or a person/group that has no need for DAS that got it anyway.

To be clear I do not think people that need DAS and do this are abusing the system, Disney allows this. My points are:
1) DAS can be a clear advantage to those that do NOT need it thus it promotes people to lie to obtain it
2) Disney should not allow DAS to redeem a LL while waiting for a DAS time (something you can not do if waiting is standby). It wouldn't solve everything, but would eliminate the 12 minute advantage and to 25 minute sooner LL return time.
Has anyone really claimed DAS while using Genie or taking advantage of short wait times while “waiting” in line virtually is on an equal playing field as a non DAS user… assuming they are in parks the same amount of time. Which may i add is a BIG assumption. But i dont think anyone would really argue that. Again blame Disney for this noone else. They created this mess and the fix is what? Now telling people who need DAS they are no longer eligible. Will now sell more Genies potentially and standby lines will imo not move a blink unless they stop fudging wait times and proclaim victory

Splash4eva

They are trying to fix it by limiting how generous they’ve been in conferring DAS.
They could have done that by changing some of the rules 1st as opposed to literally telling people who relied on this that they may be denied access. Ive suggested plenty which would make things for Disney way better and allow for a better experience for all. The only issue they have is re rides bc thats a tricky situation. They should have “tested” the changes out without ruffling all the feathers they are but it seems like they realize this is effecting bottom line numbers money wise & some bean counter said hey we can make more money. Did changes need to be made 100%.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom