New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Sparksfly

Such as another standby line...
It's based off of the same stanby line. That's how they get the callback time to begin with. DAS is more of a place holder. It would be the same if everyone got a number in line so people could leave and get back in line at a certain time. Everyone still gets in at the time they are given based on when the showed up to get their "number" or in the case of DAS, their call back time.

Kamikaze

It's based off of the same stanby line. That's how they get the callback time to begin with. DAS is more of a place holder. It would be the same if everyone got a number in line so people could leave and get back in line at a certain time. Everyone still gets in at the time they are given based on when the showed up to get their "number" or in the case of DAS, their call back time.
You're missing that they can go wait in line in a second attraction while they wait for their DAS time for the first attraction.

Basil of Baker Street

Yes. That is the process.

Ayla

No it doesn't. DAS holders wait in line just like everyone else, they just do it in a better accommodating location through a virtual que. It does not effect anyone else. It is not a line skip...it doesn't provide any extra benefit aside from allowing them to wait in a safer area until it's their turn to get on. I promise, if people with disabilities are in standby lines without accomodations the wait time would be much longer due to the issues and medical emergencies it would cause that would need to be taken care of.
The idea that DAS (abuse) doesn't effect every one is patently false.

We've been over ad nauseum what you posted in this thread. You can 'promise' all you want, it doesn't make any of it true.

RamblinWreck

If a majority of the DAS crowd ends up purchasing genie+, how will that not overwhelm the same system and it make any more sustainable?
I doubt the majority would.

But even if they did, Disney controls how many lightning lane passes are distributed through G+ and ILL, and they control how many G+ passes are sold per day. It’s not possible to overwhelm the system. It’s only possible to disappoint their guests by either not having enough G+ for everyone who wants it, or enough open lightning lane slots for those who did buy it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
DAS holders wait in line just like everyone else, they just do it in a better accommodating location through a virtual que. It does not effect anyone else. It is not a line skip...it doesn't provide any extra benefit aside from allowing them to wait in a safer area until it's their turn to get on
It’s already been covered multiple times the advantages it gains.

And by having unrestricted access (vs single use for everyone else) to the high priority queue they absolutely are effecting others in that queue.

This is not debatable- it’s simple math

Sparksfly

You're missing that they can go wait in line in a second attraction while they wait for their DAS time for the first attraction.
The few bad apples who may due this are not nearly worth the issue this could and most likely will cause for people who truly have disabilities and need the accomodations. For my child, it's not about needed proof, we have tons of it...for me it's more about trusting the 3rd party and what could potentially happen to his information. We are lucky enough to have insurance that pays for all visits and letters from Drs...not everyone has that. Not everyone has easy access to Drs. in general. This system (or something similar to it) is proving to already be causing issues for people with disabilities in other parks...
And it's all because Disney doesn't want to lose a money (which they already make up on the $30 per guest per day they charge...and mind you...Genie+ is why standby lines are so crazy these days...not people with DAS, on top of Disneys refusal to spend money and improve their parks nor have adequate crowd control management)...and a handful of people wanting to complain about the 1 out of 1000+ people who may spend their virtual que in a smaller line (which wouldnt even effect the person in either line as they would be 2 seperare rides anyway...albeit its wrong and imoral in general and as a legitimate DAS holder, those people do me off for lack of better words).

Purduevian

Has anyone really claimed DAS while using Genie or taking advantage of short wait times while “waiting” in line virtually is on an equal playing field as a non DAS user… assuming they are in parks the same amount of time. Which may i add is a BIG assumption. But i dont think anyone would really argue that. Again blame Disney for this noone else. They created this mess and the fix is what? Now telling people who need DAS they are no longer eligible. Will now sell more Genies potentially and standby lines will imo not move a blink unless they stop fudging wait times and proclaim victory
I had had people in my thread tell me that that it is perfectly acceptable for DAS to get large advantages like this should stick around.
You have others have kept repeating the same thing yet refuse to also blame Disney & these unintended consequences are the results of allowing soooo many people they allow in groups more than the frauds who have obtained it. I just think its funny that people think standby us gonna drastically be reduced.
I think I showed previously that some DAS users are able to get on more attractions from their non-DAS counterparts. If there are less DAS users, those previously on DAS will see their attraction count drop. The rides will still operate at capacity so either G+ will have more time slots (thus benefiting those that purchased the upgrade), standby lines will move faster, or a combination of both.
She's the perfect example of someone who doesn't need DAS. She functions just fine everywhere else BUT at Disney. I would have kept my mouth shut if I was her - though it is amusing how all these Gen Z "content creators" think their whining is going to change anything. Let them keep outing themselves...
"I can endure the sun if I have to, since I’ve done it all my life"
A Genie+ power user could easily walk into MK at 3:45 and get a lot done compared to the same non genie+ user in your post.

Since they have purchased Genie+ earlier in the day they could have 3 or more possible attractions already stacked when they walk into MK. Even if they had been at another park and hopped to MK, they could have already booked a genie+ and had enough time to stack another one and then make another selection when they tap into their first attraction at MK.

They could still hit a few of those 10 minute wait attractions between their genie+ times.

The DAS user was able to add 7DMT which is one additional attraction. The Genie + user could have several rides already booked when they enter the park. Just an observation.
There are no non-G+ users in my post, in this case both the DAS and non-DAS user has G+ (which is where I think the even crazier advantages come in). I used 3:45pm as a starting time because that was the time I was writing the post. The problem gets further exaggerated the earlier the start point is.

Nothing is stopping the DAS user (that both physically and mentally capable of doing this OR an abuser that does not need DAS) from power using G+ just like an non-DAS guest. They just also on top of it get a bonus LL/ILL for any non-VQ ride in the park every 20-120ish minutes.

Sallie

Just my opinion on this. I know a lot of people are freaking out about these das changes. I’m wondering if the wording of it is disneys way of trying to deter the people that know they don’t really need it. Honestly I don’t think there are as many people abusing it as they are making people think. I think it’s a lot to do with the size of the parties they are letting through, and I do think it’s a huge money grab! The genie+ system is the problem. They know people will buy it. They also know those lines are going to be quite long already, so to send the das through with them is going to back it up even more. But to blame das to me is dumb. Does Disney need to do something about it? Yes! But to make people feel like their disability doesn’t count? That’s a dumb move. They should require some proof if they really want to keep so called abusers from taking advantage. And come up with a better fastpass system than genie+. Thanks for letting me rant!
I also just had another thought. The fact that Disney has so many attractions either down or being refurbished at once adds to the long ques.

Angel Ariel

Such as another standby line...
there have been comments in this thread that Disney should enact procedures that would prohibit DAS users from accessing another standby line (attractions or shows), as well as posts suggesting Disney should prohibit DAS users from eating or shopping while waiting also. But let's be honest - Disney also doesn't want all of these people just sitting on (too often nonexistent) benches or taking up counter service seating without eating. And Disney is also the one that has removed so much in the way of streetmosphere characters and performances as well. Large groups of people not spending money and just sitting around waiting, not increasing guest satisfaction if they can't do anything else with a standby queue, is not something that Disney wants either.

ditzee

I also just had another thought. The fact that Disney has so many attractions either down or being refurbished at once adds to the long ques.
My husband and I took 2 of our grandchildren to WDW last November. Test Track was down - had to laugh because last time I was at Epcot several years previously, Test Track was down. Just googled and it said this ride is down about 40% of the time!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I doubt the majority would.

But even if they did, Disney controls how many lightning lane passes are distributed through G+ and ILL, and they control how many G+ passes are sold per day. It’s not possible to overwhelm the system. It’s only possible to disappoint their guests by either not having enough G+ for everyone who wants it, or enough open lightning lane slots for those who did buy it.
The DAS power users that everyone is complaining about are the people who use genie+ and DAS. We know this group is willing to buy genie+

The people using DAS without genie+ are most likely ride pounders and get a few extra rides in each day using DAS and use standby for the rest. They've conditioned themselves to getting those few extra rides each day without waiting and like all of us here are addicted to Disney in general. They're not gonna stop visiting and their conditioned/addictive mindset of a few extra rides will be enough to justify purchasing genie+ most days if they're not able to ise DAS (IMO of course).

Sparksfly

It’s already been covered multiple times the advantages it gains.

And by having unrestricted access (vs single use for everyone else) to the high priority queue they absolutely are effecting others in that queue.

This is not debatable- it’s simple math
What I've seen is a bunch of people trying to find things to make noise about which have subsequently been disproved or debunked by those more knowledgeable. My post was literally a run down of how the DAS virtual que works as someone who has a young child who uses it yet you want to respond talking about "unrestricted access". As someone who's been an able bodied professional dancer and athlete my entire adult life...I'm thankful for it, but I certainly don't complain about accomodations for those know do need them even before I found out my child would need them....and I appreciate them even more now that he is provided them. With that said, I'm in further disgust of those who chose to spend their life judging and trying to cause issues for people who already have a not so easy life. I suggest those people find happiness within themselves. It's painfully obvious to the rest of us there is a lack there of.

The fact we're in here debating life altering and (commonly) life threatening disabilities and accomodations for them so they could have a semblance of comfort and happiness with those who want to complain about wait times at an amusement park because it's an inconvenience to them. How far down into the mud has society gone :shakes head:

And just as people love to throw around the famous "just stay home" comment to people with disabilities...the same could very well be said to those who have such an issue with people using DAS and claim it's so drastically crippling their Disney visit. The tears could fill Tiana's River Boat and spill over into Pirates....hey maybe then Disney would actually pay attentions to those their attractions if they did infact flood over.

Ayla

What I've seen is a bunch of people trying to find things to make noise about which have subsequently been disproved or debunked by those more knowledgeable. My post was literally a run down of how the DAS virtual que works as someone who has a young child who uses it yet you want to respond talking about "unrestricted access". As someone who's been an able bodied professional dancer and athlete my entire adult life...I'm thankful for it, but I certainly don't complain about accomodations for those know do need them even before I found out my child would need them....and I appreciate them even more now that he is provided them. With that said, I'm in further disgust of those who chose to spend their life judging and trying to cause issues for people who already have a not so easy life. I suggest those people find happiness within themselves. It's painfully obvious to the rest of us there is a lack there of.

The fact we're in here debating life altering and (commonly) life threatening disabilities and accomodations for them so they could have a semblance of comfort and happiness with those who want to complain about wait times at an amusement park because it's an inconvenience to them. How far down into the mud has society gone :shakes head:

And just as people love to throw around the famous "just stay home" comment to people with disabilities...the same could very well be said to those who have such an issue with people using DAS and claim it's so drastically crippling their Disney visit. The tears could fill Tiana's River Boat and spill over into Pirates....hey maybe then Disney would actually pay attentions to those their attractions if they did infact flood over.
So you finally agree DAS is an advantage to those that use it. Awesome.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What I've seen is a bunch of people trying to find things to make noise about which have subsequently been disproved or debunked by those more knowledgeable.

Maybe in your bizarro universe…

My post was literally a run down of how the DAS virtual que works as someone who has a young child who uses it yet you want to respond talking about "unrestricted access".

And what your post lacks is it doesn’t matter how your family uses it nor dors it bind how others use it.

Just because you have legit reasons and don’t see any advantage to it doesn’t mean the other variations don’t exist.

Sparksfly

Maybe in your bizarro universe…

And what your post lacks is it doesn’t matter how your family uses it nor dors it bind how others use it.

Just because you have legit reasons and don’t see any advantage to it doesn’t mean the other variations don’t exist.

But the people who do misuse it don't warrant an overhaul that will most definitely cause issues for those who do have legitimate reason to use it...
And the ones complaining about it simply don't make sense...all of the arguments fall short, and tbh sound like people who don't have anything better to do with their lives. And again...I say this as someone who's child is directly effected by all of this and the people who misuse it. At the end of the day, Id rather a handful of people spend their virtual ques in smaller lines than have my child lose his ability to use it at all. Be mad at Disney for implementing Genie+, drastically increasing costs across all sectors, and refusing to provide attractions, crowd control, and entertainment that could aid in wait times maintain their rides while also refusing to provide adequate maintenance in the rides they DO have running (half the time). People with DAS...both legitimate and even those who aren't....aren't causing the issue Disney wants you to think they are. But it put the target on people with disabilities again, while they get to do exactly what they've been doing for years (grossly mismanaging many aspects and sections of the parks as a whole) and act like they're putting a bandaid on something that isn't going to change anything anyway but WILL cause further problems for many. But at least they got to say they took down that handful of pesky line hoppers... so pay no attention to the massive uncontrolled wildfire they caused thats consuming the rest of the parks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom