New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Well, if they have a disability that prevents them from waiting in a long line without a break it sounds like they will be accommodated by being able to exit the line when needed with a return to line pass.

I wonder if there will be a time limit on the bathroom break. Like if i enter the queue for SDMT and then learnt five minutes into the wait to go to the bathroom, is there enough time for me to ride Pooh when I’m supposed to be making a pooh? Like if SDMT had a 90 minute wait could i “go to the bathroom” but really ride ride’s andbuy snack’s and then go back when there’s only like 5 minutes left?

TrojanUSC

I wonder if there will be a time limit on the bathroom break. Like if i enter the queue for SDMT and then learnt five minutes into the wait to go to the bathroom, is there enough time for me to ride Pooh when I’m supposed to be making a pooh? Like if SDMT had a 90 minute wait could i “go to the bathroom” but really ride ride’s andbuy snack’s and then go back when there’s only like 5 minutes left?

Has anyone figured out how you're going to "return to line" in a way that isn't just walking past a bunch of people who think you're cutting?

Vclguy90

I mean, a new equilibrium will be reached, and it’s tough to imagine that equilibrium will be worse than the status quo. Genie+ does not give a person as much ride access as DAS does.
This is the point I am trying to make. When that equilibrium is met, the capacity for LL will go up to it's current max capacity + current DAS users (legit or not). As scarcity comes in, prices will skyrocket. So again, why are you all so gung-ho about this?

Fido Chuckwagon

Has anyone figured out how you're going to "return to line" in a way that isn't just walking past a bunch of people who think you're cutting?
I would guess that it’s not going to be that and that it’s probably going to involve a return time to the fast pass line or to the merge depending on how the queue is set up.

Fido Chuckwagon

This is the point I am trying to make. When that equilibrium is met, the capacity for LL will go up as well as the price. So again, why are you all so gung-ho about this?
Because the current system is completely unsustainable? I mean, at a certain point, there will literally be no more capacity left for people who are not using DAS. DAS use has tripled in the last few years. That is a crazy statistic. DAS users are using so much more capacity than non DAS users based upon the statistics we now know. 40 - 71 percent of overall capacity is nuts. I wouldn’t call this a “gung ho” situation. It’s more a survival of the parks situation.

Chi84

Premium Member
This is the point I am trying to make. When that equilibrium is met, the capacity for LL will go up to its current max capacity as well as its current DAS users. As scarcity comes in, prices will skyrocket. So again, why are you all so gung-ho about this?
And what do you believe is the alternative, given that Disney is going to change the system due to people abusing it?

jaklgreen

Your repeated personal attacks continue to be unappreciated. I have repeatedly, repeatedly, stated that I absolutely believe you have the disability you state. The new system that Disney has announced continues to seem much better for you and others similarly situated given that it will allow people to exit lines whenever they need to and then return to those lines when they are able to. You should perhaps give Disney a chance to see how this works before bashing the company.

Many people were upset when Disney shifted from GAC to DAS, but in the end that system was quite useful for those who needed it. I see no reason why this could not end up the same.
I absolutely am waiting to see how they plan on getting people out of the lines and back in again. I can't see how that will be accomplished considering that most lines you can barely get past people to get through. And again, as a solo traveler, who am I going to get back in line with? The reality is that the lines are not really set up for people to be coming and going. I think that this is one of those things that sounds good on paper to them but in reality, is just not doable the way they think it is.

Splash4eva

This was one of my original questions. Its impossible to police and impossible to put a time limit on.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is the point I am trying to make. When that equilibrium is met, the capacity for LL will go up to it's current max capacity + current DAS users (legit or not). As scarcity comes in, prices will skyrocket. So again, why are you all so gung-ho about this?

Because even when heavily loaded with DAS abusers… g+ availability was still there… and the less strain will increase how much LL capacity they can sell. Basically supply will be increased while ‘drag’ on them will be reduced… even if a good number of DAS abusers convert to G+

Splash4eva

And what do you believe is the alternative, given that Disney is going to change the system due to people abusing it?
For starters they should have eliminated the 2 pre bookings and also forced everyone to get access to DAS before the trip. The wait time also will help slightly but if the system is bad anything helps. But again to reiterate. The 2 rides should have been a starting point

jaklgreen

I would guess that it’s not going to be that and that it’s probably going to involve a return time to the fast pass line or to the merge depending on how the queue is set up.
You just described DAS. If someone is in line and needs to get out to use the restroom, if they just end up going through the LL, then why not just give them DAS?

Vclguy90

My answer will shock you but eliminate G+. Go back to Fastpass. I'm not a sympathizer to what DAS abusers are doing but I am sympathetic/empathetic to their wallet. After they've paid an arm and a leg to get in, more for food and drink and now get less, then are forced to give money to G+ (a perk that used free) just to get the most out of the day. I would say that 2/3 of DAS users are moreso rebellious to Disney trying bleed them dry. Seems like DAS spiked right when G+ came out. I honestly believe that many of them have the conditions they claim (and many do not) but never thought to do DAS because Disney used to be more accommodating to them for the cost of their admission. It isn't now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom