New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

RSoxNo1

I am sorry this situation is happening however I'm confused, why it doesn't work for your situation.

Could you not get lets say a DAS return time for 7 Dwarf mine train. Get to the entrance with everyone. The 4 of you (you, wife and kids), get in line for the ride. Your parents and brother do Fantasyland things near the ride until its time to tap in for 7D?
In theory yes, but in historical practice no. I understand that at some point Disney needs to cut off the quantity of people attached to the DAS, but the drop from 6 to 4 guarantees that most experiences that we were previously doing together will no longer be done together.

Disney has defined this as your immediate traveling party / family, but that's a poor definition at best given the actual implementation.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, I can see that being frustrating. It's really a tough situation and balance for Disney to strike. It almost sounds like the return to queue might be better than DAS in that case since everyone would ride together.
That's something I've considered as well. The most frustrating thing for me is that we can't have a conversation with Disney about it unless we have tickets in hand.

In short, my parents aren't going to bring my brother unless someone else joins them to navigate the parks and I'm not ready to bring him along with just my family. So, that means we travel 7 deep (until April only 6 of us will require tickets).

We're a close family and often travel together, but until my girls are older it's a lot to ask to bring a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a 47 year old autistic man with just my wife and I. In a few years, that may be on the table, but not now. While 6 would be ideal, 5 would be something we could absolutely make work. We also supplement with LL, and there's enough attractions to use a 5 person DAS in the parks where one adult would stay off with our 2 year old.

If Lightning Lane worked as it did in Disneyland, this would be close to a non-issue.

RSoxNo1

Secondary question here. In Disneyland there are Accessibility Services kiosks outside of the parks in the Esplanade. Is there a similar location in Disney World at each park?

Greenlawler

It's been my experience that WDW is fairly quick while Disneyland is glacial.

When I travel with my autistic brother, we are generally rolling 7 deep (My parents, brother, my wife, and my two kids). For our family, there is no doubt that my brother is who the current DAS system is designed for. The issue for us is the reduction in the number of guests assigned to the DAS at any one time. My parents wouldn't be able to navigate the parks without my wife or myself, and my wife and I wouldn't navigate the parks with my brother as well as our two children. When combined with the changes to LL, the new dynamic doesn't work for our family.

We were planning on a January trip that included my brother, and I've now been saying to family that I don't think it makes sense for he and my parents to go because of the 4 person cap + LL changes. I can speculate that Disney will come up with an accommodation that works for us, but they won't even have the conversation now without tickets in hand.

We stay offsite, and pre LL changes, the plan was for us to get APs in January. That's very likely out the door as well.

Yep we tried for the fourth time Sunday, waited the almost 4 hours we had to spare and had to hang up, because I had to work. I will try again maybe Saturday? But between my son's school and my job where I work weekend mornings and evenings, it keeps us from just simply logging on in the morning at the time DL's Pacific Time Zone allows. I don't want to deal with it once we are there. I have now done 11 hours waiting, with no response. That's 11 hours of my life staring at a computer waiting for someone.

I don't know how to fix it; I understand why this is happening. I just wish there was a better way of communicating the wait times when I am on hold instead of automated, "it will be two hours past your log in time". If they could give me a better estimate than that it would help, but so be it, will try again.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

Yep we tried for the fourth time Sunday, waited the almost 4 hours we had to spare and had to hang up, because I had to work. I will try again maybe Saturday? But between my son's school and my job where I work weekend mornings and evenings, it keeps us from just simply logging on in the morning at the time DL's Pacific Time Zone allows. I don't want to deal with it once we are there. I have now done 11 hours waiting, with no response. That's 11 hours of my life staring at a computer waiting for someone.

I don't know how to fix it; I understand why this is happening. I just wish there was a better way of communicating the wait times when I am on hold instead of automated, "it will be two hours past your log in time". If they could give me a better estimate than that it would help, but so be it, will try again.
I think that everyone agrees that if they are forcing everyone to call in, that they should have sufficient amount of cast members to answer these calls. Waiting for hours on a call is unacceptable for anything.

RSoxNo1

The Universal approach of "submit documentation, wait for a response" was substantially easier.

What I have been told anecdotally on Disneyland is that if you wait past the closing time, they often will pickup. Not sure if that's viable for you, but it's worth a shot.

Angel Ariel

Hopefully when they start enforcing their new policy of forcing people to wait 120 days before calling again after being denied the wait times will go down. Lots of stories all over social media, and on the various disney forums, of people calling repeatedly trying to CM shop to get a different result.
This was an issue at Disneyland before the changes were implemented in May, when no one was doing these multiple call backs, though, so the call backs aren't the main problem.

Splash4eva

Hopefully when they start enforcing their new policy of forcing people to wait 120 days before calling again after being denied the wait times will go down. Lots of stories all over social media, and on the various disney forums, of people calling repeatedly trying to CM shop to get a different result.
Explain to me how Disney does NOT have a log where your email is attached & automatically generates a reply which says you were denied sorry or when they tgey get picked up the same!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom