New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

MickeyLuv'r

There is no inventory after 5pm as is.
I figured someone would quote me to say what you said.

My point was only that it doesn't have to be all or nothing. If Disney wanted to offer a reduced price G+ at WDW or Disneyland to AP holders, they could offer some kind of partial G+ option. Maybe it only comes with 1 LL/day, or maybe it only works on tier 2 attractions.
Evening Express Pass is just what Universal offers, Disney could come up with their own version.

Splash4eva

My point was only that it doesn't have to be all or nothing. If Disney wanted to offer a reduced price G+ at WDW or Disneyland to AP holders, they could offer some kind of partial G+ option. Maybe it only comes with 1 LL/day, or maybe it only works on tier 2 attractions.
Evening Express Pass is just what Universal offers, Disney could come up with their own version.
What incentive would they have to offer a discount on a product that sells to a customer for most part are locals that they already kinda said they dont spend the money they want

Want to correct something - when you go to the rider switch page at WDW, it says it's for guests who can't or won't ride, but when you go to the accessibility section, it does say it's available for all guests.

Apologies for the previous misinformation.
“Rider switch is a program available to all Guests” means it isn’t just for disabilities or just for families with young kids. It does go on to state the reasons it can be used, and at WDW there must be a non-rider.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Alternative Queue Re-entry (what was suggested) does not involve your wife cutting her way back to your party. Instead, what happens is she tells a CM that she needs to exit the queue. She is then allowed to re-enter the queue utilizing the lightning lane to meet you back at the merge point.
And how does one 'exit the queue' without going back through the line?

You all are focused on how they RETURN and glossing over the concern includes how to leave the line. Same issue the DL wheelchair girl has. Exiting the queue is not necessarily a graceful or simplistic thing.

Chi84

Premium Member
And how does one 'exit the queue' without going back through the line?

You all are focused on how they RETURN and glossing over the concern includes how to leave the line. Same issue the DL wheelchair girl has. Exiting the queue is not necessarily a graceful or simplistic thing.
If you’re not in a wheelchair or ECV you should be able to get through. I thought the concern the poster expressed was having to bypass people without explaining she wasn’t cutting.

I imagine a person in a wheelchair or ECV would have to tell the CM they may have to leave the line and then see what they’re told.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you’re not in a wheelchair or ECV you should be able to get through. I thought the concern the poster expressed was having to bypass people without explaining she wasn’t cutting.
I think the poster wasn't precise and the audience had their own interpretation :) Statement can be read either way.

I imagine a person in a wheelchair or ECV would have to tell the CM they may have to leave the line and then see what they’re told.
Easier said than done - there aren't CMs everywhere... and now this means people need to proactively inquire at each attraction to teach themselves what to do if the situation arises.

The queues just aren't built for this kind of stuff...

Chi84

Premium Member
I think the poster wasn't precise and the audience had their own interpretation :) Statement can be read either way.

Easier said than done - there aren't CMs everywhere... and now this means people need to proactively inquire at each attraction to teach themselves what to do if the situation arises.

The queues just aren't built for this kind of stuff...
It is true that the person will have to inquire; that’s not unreasonable. As far as whether the queues are sufficient to provide the requested accommodation, I think actual reports will be informative.

How is that an accommodation?
In short, at WDW it generally is not an accommodation for the disabled individual (unless using it to supervised a service animal). Disney only mentions it as an "option to assist guests in accessing attraction queues." Basically it may help the family of a disabled individual.

Historically, WDW only allowed Rider Switch to those parties with a child too short to ride. Families with an older disabled child/adult who couldn't ride or simply didn't want to ride, and who needed to be supervised, meant that someone had to skip the attraction. Now those families may use Rider Switch. WDW's website indicates Rider Switch is available at "most" attractions; in the past it was only available at attractions with a height requirement and I haven't heard if more attractions actually do offer it now.

Basil of Baker Street

Universal's works because it's a superior product.

Luigi

Just as a clarification, did the CM tell your wife that she would have to enter the line at the beginning and make people move out of her way and explain why to them? Or did the CM say that she would have to try AQR?

The reason I ask is because people who are anxious about certain situations (I'm diagnosed with anxiety) tend to interpret things in terms of worst-case scenarios. Many of the AQR reports I've seen on other sites involve the party calling the person and that person being allowed in the LL to meet up with the party. "Might not work" doesn't seem like a good enough reason to override the CMs offered accommodation.
She said she could re-enter the line and find her way back to us. She could take a family member with her to help.

Luigi

Alternative Queue Re-entry (what was suggested) does not involve your wife cutting her way back to your party. Instead, what happens is she tells a CM that she needs to exit the queue. She is then allowed to re-enter the queue utilizing the lightning lane to meet you back at the merge point. The accommodation will likely work for her given the issues you are describing, although purchasing Genie+ is certainly another option that is available.
Thank you. That was not explained to us in that manner. That would help.

Angel Ariel

The CM used the words “find her way back?” That’s an odd thing to say - sounds flippant.
Unfortunately I've read quite a few reports in places where the recounting of what the CM said sounds flippant (or just rude). It's been enough reports from different people that it's concerning to me. I have empathy for these CMs, as I know this hasn't been an easy process - but just as it's not ok for a guest requesting DAS to go in with an attitude and assumptions about what will or won't happen, neither is it ok for a CM to do so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom