New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Jrb1979

Im strictly talking about solo travelers and people with minor children where returning to meet a party is NOT an option…
I've said how it's been working. You go in standby and of you have to leave, you tell the CM and they give you a return time which has been equal to standby.

My guess most people in your situation will just be Genie+ to navigate the parks.

Touchdown

It’s the most crowded Saturday in a while, but waits are significantly better than earlier this week. Looks like for once MK has some people on the weekend.

IMG_5578.jpeg
IMG_5577.jpeg

Splash4eva

I've said how it's been working. You go in standby and of you have to leave, you tell the CM and they give you a return time which has been equal to standby.

My guess most people in your situation will just be Genie+ to navigate the parks.
Which if thats what needs to get done so be it as i had success this past week using it…. I just dont see how this is Disney’s “solution”

Jrb1979

Which if thats what needs to get done so be it as i had success this past week using it…. I just dont see how this is Disney’s “solution”
What did you want them to do for people in your case? Automatically givre you a return time before you enter the queue?

Splash4eva

What did you want them to do for people in your case? Automatically givre you a return time before you enter the queue?
Did i ever say that? All im saying is of someone who has been denied DAS and is being told that if they have to leave the line and will get a RTQ time and that time is the same as the current wait time after already waiting say 30-45 minutes thats an absurd policy and completely unfair. Especially if wait times spiked from when you already entered the queue.

Chip Chipperson

Again. Disney is telling people that are being denied DAS they will get a return time etc. if you think a return time after waiting x amt and then having to come back again after waiting the entire time is fair we can agree to disagree. Like i said if that is the case why would anyone risk wasting all that time
They are saying that if you need to leave the line you may get a return time - it all depends on the situation, such as party size, etc. They aren't promising anyone that the return time will factor in time spent waiting on line. When you ask why someone would risk waiting in line, the answer is because for the vast majority of guests it will be the only option. You seem to have the misguided idea that someone can just refuse to wait in line at all and the CM will be forced to issue a return time. That isn't the case.

Splash4eva

They are saying that if you need to leave the line you may get a return time - it all depends on the situation, such as party size, etc. They aren't promising anyone that the return time will factor in time spent waiting on line. When you ask why someone would risk waiting in line, the answer is because for the vast majority of guests it will be the only option. You seem to have the misguided idea that someone can just refuse to wait in line at all and the CM will be forced to issue a return time. That isn't the case.
So how is a solo traveler or someone traveling with a minor being accommodated if they need to leave the line? Please answer that

Chip Chipperson

So how is a solo traveler or someone traveling with a minor being accommodated if they need to leave the line? Please answer that
Most likely they will get a return time. You've been told this numerous times already. You just don't like the answer and think it isn't fair even though it is what will apply to anyone not using DAS in that specific situation (solo traveler or single parent with minor child) whether they previously used DAS or not.

Splash4eva

Most likely they will get a return time. You've been told this numerous times already. You just don't like the answer and think it isn't fair even though it is what will apply to anyone not using DAS in that specific situation (solo traveler or single parent with minor child) whether they previously used DAS or not.
Again its not that i dont like the answer im just saying that “policy” is absurd and anyone who understands their own personal conditions and knows they cant wait more than say 30 minutes will 100% after waiting a short time simply request a return time at that point and “cut their losses” regarding wasting any more time. Why wouldnt they?!?

Splash4eva

If they were in the standby line and need to leave the line they would be provided a return time to come back.
Yes iget that but its being reported the return time is strictly gonna be based on the current wait time and however long you have already waited is not going to be accounted for…

Jrb1979

Again its not that i dont like the answer im just saying that “policy” is absurd and anyone who understands their own personal conditions and knows they cant wait more than say 30 minutes will 100% after waiting a short time simply request a return time at that point and “cut their losses” regarding wasting any more time. Why wouldnt they?!?
They can if they choose to.

DoubleSwitchback

So you're saying a lot of truly disabled people will still abuse the system?

peter11435

You say it’s not that you don’t like the answer and then proceed to explain why you don’t like the answer.

Splash4eva

So you're saying a lot of truly disabled people will still abuse the system?
Not sure the word abuse is correct to say especially when talking about disabilities and people who know there conditions and what they can or cant handle… so it be foolish imo to wait 30-45 minutes then told you need to come back in another 90 minutes. So yea if you wanna say thats abuse so be it. But i will say this. I fully expect every liar and cheat who cant get das by saying the magic words will do just this to avoid waiting in a physical line …

Splash4eva

You say it’s not that you don’t like the answer and then proceed to explain why you don’t like the answer.
Maybe you are missing the point im trying to make. It happens. All im saying is why would anyone who understand their limits more than anyone willingly wait until
That limit is reached and then leave the line and have to wait a much longer wait time… it would make no sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom