New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Angel Ariel

I know I keep repeating myself, but it does seem that some DAS user feel DAS should be superior to standby in every way, and not equivalent on average (better in some aspects, worse in others, so that on average DAS and standby guests are having the same experience).
And some also don't seem to want to accept that DAS as it was/is *is* giving many DAS users on average the same experience over the course of the day because of the extra needs involved they need to address throughout the day.

The difference seems to be looking at the experience individually queue by queue vs looking at the holistic experience over an entire day.

nickys

Premium Member
Again its not that i dont like the answer im just saying that “policy” is absurd and anyone who understands their own personal conditions and knows they cant wait more than say 30 minutes will 100% after waiting a short time simply request a return time at that point and “cut their losses” regarding wasting any more time. Why wouldnt they?!?
If you think the policy is absurd then let Disney know.

I’ve read 3 pages and you’ve posted the same question several times. Your situation isn’t unique. The same thing will happen for a guest who needs a carer to wait with them, for example. And there are reports of it already happening.

ConfettiCupcake

People are free to try what they want to try and say what they want to say to CMs, if what we’ve heard is accurate and amount of RTQ given out is going to be heavily scrutinized so its either not going to work out for the guest or it’s going to cause another overhaul of the system.

I think until reports prove otherwise Disney is well aware of their guest demographics, typical group make ups, needs that qualify/no longer qualify, how many outlier kind of situations may come through the line, and has developed their procedures accordingly.

ConfettiCupcake

And some also don't seem to want to accept that DAS as it was/is *is* giving many DAS users on average the same experience over the course of the day because of the extra needs involved they need to address throughout the day.

The difference seems to be looking at the experience individually queue by queue vs looking at the holistic experience over an entire day.

I think Disney is just looking at the queue by queue experience though, aren’t they?

The entire day experience is such a can of worms IMO. That opens the door to comparing APs, once in a lifetime guests, one day ticket holders, etc.

DoubleSwitchback

That's fair. I'm sure there are many for whom that's true.

I suppose our perspectives are shaped by where we used to spend time... until recently, I hadn't been a "message board" guy since the early 2000s :). I am used to the DAS FB groups (I have a disability that I've never used DAS for, but the groups can be helpful with other tips that are relevant to me) which are definitely more toxic and more about manipulation. It's wild how much tone has changed before and after the changes were announced/implemented. Before, it was all about tricks for double-dipping, cramming in as much as possible, how early you can scan in, how many extra guests you can talk to the CMs in to, etc.; after, the tone is "but we barely ride a single ride".

Angel Ariel

I think Disney is just looking at the queue by queue experience though, aren’t they?

The entire day experience is such a can of worms IMO. That opens the door to comparing APs, once in a lifetime guests, one day ticket holders, etc.
No, I don't think Disney made this decision just looking at individual queue by queue data WRT DAS. I absolutely think they looked at holistic data which is how they determined how to limit who was going to continue to qualify for DAS.

ConfettiCupcake

No, I don't think Disney made this decision just looking at individual queue by queue data WRT DAS. I absolutely think they looked at holistic data which is how they determined how to limit who was going to continue to qualify for DAS.

Oh I see what I you meant. I think I misunderstood and thought you meant what the DAS program as a whole intended to do.

Angel Ariel

That's fair. I'm sure there are many for whom that's true.

I suppose our perspectives are shaped by where we used to spend time... until recently, I hadn't been a "message board" guy since the early 2000s :). I am used to the DAS FB groups (I have a disability that I've never used DAS for, but the groups can be helpful with other tips that are relevant to me) which are definitely more toxic and more about manipulation. It's wild how much tone has changed before and after the changes were announced/implemented. Before, it was all about tricks for double-dipping, cramming in as much as possible, how early you can scan in, how many extra guests you can talk to the CMs in to, etc.; after, the tone is "but we barely ride a single ride".
Yeah, I don't hang out in groups like that, but I can see how that would color a perspective! 😊

peter11435

if a solo traveler is not guaranteed a return time how is that person accommodated?
Nobody is guaranteed a return time.

As I said earlier if a solo traveler is waiting in the standby line and needs to leave they would be accommodated by giving them a return time. Stepping in to the standby line and then immediately exiting and requesting a return time is not the same thing.

Splash4eva

Nobody is guaranteed a return time.

As I said earlier if a solo traveler is waiting in the standby line and needs to leave they would be accommodated by giving them a return time. Stepping in to the standby line and then immediately exiting and requesting a return time is not the same thing.
So a solo traveler is guaranteed a return time if he requests one stating he needs to leave the line? Yes or No?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom