New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Chi84

Premium Member
So im curious. I go to Disney with my minor daughter who is 10 and i am denied DAS but tell a CM i cant wait in line for a medical reason they are gonna give me a RTQ time automatically because i am not leaving my child alone and if i did my ex would have me arrested immediately lol… like im genuinely curious how it works with a solo or someone traveling with minor children. This is why limiting party size to the bare minimum may have been the best course of action along with the other changes.
I think they would have you get into the queue and tell you how to return if you needed to leave it.

ConfettiCupcake

So im curious. I go to Disney with my minor daughter who is 10 and i am denied DAS but tell a CM i cant wait in line for a medical reason they are gonna give me a RTQ time automatically because i am not leaving my child alone and if i did my ex would have me arrested immediately lol… like im genuinely curious how it works with a solo or someone traveling with minor children. This is why limiting party size to the bare minimum may have been the best course of action along with the other changes.

One of the few actual reports that I’ve seen involved a parent and a minor child where the parent had to leave the line for medical reasons and the CM assigned them a return time.

Splash4eva

I think they would have you get into the queue and tell you how to return if you needed to leave it.
But thats my point point i get in line then walk out and say i need to leave… what happens then? And i get Disney supposedly is keeping a eye ball on this but that would be mine and others DAS users claim. Hey i told you i needed this you denied me and now im using a service i need… how is this gonna work in theory

Splash4eva

One of the few actual reports that I’ve seen involved a parent and a minor child where the parent had to leave the line for medical reasons and the CM assigned them a return time.
Okay thats good to know. Did the parent need to specify a reason or was it simply i need to leave and the CM said okay

Chi84

Premium Member
But thats my point point i get in line then walk out and say i need to leave… what happens then? And i get Disney supposedly is keeping an eye ball on this but that would be mine and others DAS users claim. Hey i told you i needed this you denied me and now im using a service i need… how is this gonna work in theory
Wait what are they denying you? I’m not understanding your example.

What do you mean by claim?

Jrb1979

Okay thats good to know. Did the parent need to specify a reason or was it simply i need to leave and the CM said okay
You don't need to tell a reason, you tell the CM you had to leave the line. They then will give you a return time when you can return.

From reports I've heard, since they can't tell how long anyone exactly waited before leaving, you will get a return time of what ever the standby is.

Splash4eva

Wait what are they denying you? I’m not understanding your example.

What do you mean by claim?
People are getting denied DAS now that previously were not… are we in agreement there? Those people are claiming they still need some sort of accommodation. So if that person is traveling alone or with a minor child where noone can hold a spot in line are they automatically getting a RTQ time when going to a ride and asking and will they say on basically every ride they request? I know some people have alluded here that have inside knowledge Disney is being very strict with these etc.

Splash4eva

You don't need to tell a reason, you tell the CM you had to leave the line. They then will give you a return time when you can return.

From reports I've heard, since they can't tell how long anyone exactly waited before leaving, you will get a return time of what ever the standby is.
So if someone is waiting in line that say has a 60 minute wait and makes it say 35 minutes thru and needs to get off they are getting a return time of 60 min (-10 minutes possibly) how does that makes sense and is fair. If thats the case anyone who knows their condition really just needs ro say immediately they cant wait. Why take a chance of turning a 60 minute wait to possibly a 100 minute wait.

Jrb1979

So if someone is waiting in line that say has a 60 minute wait and makes it say 35 minutes thru and needs to get off they are getting a return time of 60 min (-10 minutes possibly) how does that makes sense and is fair. If thats the case anyone who knows their condition really just needs ro say immediately they cant wait. Why take a chance of turning a 60 minute wait to possibly a 100 minute wait.
How will they know if you waited 35 mins or 5 mins? Since they don't hand out RTQ often you likely won't have that option

Chi84

Premium Member
People are getting denied DAS now that previously were not… are we in agreement there? Those people are claiming they still need some sort of accommodation. So if that person is traveling alone or with a minor child where noone can hold a spot in line are they automatically getting a RTQ time when going to a ride and asking and will they say on basically every ride they request? I know some people have alluded here that have inside knowledge Disney is being very strict with these etc.
Well I assume Disney is going to expect people to get in line. Are you saying someone would just go to every ride and say they can’t stand in line at all?

Chi84

Premium Member

I heard they ask you how far you got in line to figure out what to do. I suppose people could lie but that’s always a possibility.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think it all depends. If you are with a group and the rest stay in line it's probably much easier to do.
I think there’s going to be a learning curve for everyone involved. That’s how it always is with change.

I’m sure Disney would rather deal with the issues of accommodating solo travelers or a parent and minor child than go back to the former DAS.

Last edited:

Splash4eva

Well I assume Disney is going to expect people to get in line. Are you saying someone would just go to every ride and say they can’t stand in line at all?
Yes i do think people will definitely do that. Especially locals who are going for quick fixes.along with those who truly need the service who were denied. Why wouldnt they?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Right. I don’t think Disney is going to accept “can’t stand in line at all.”
but this is the problem that was called out from the start... the system is ripe for abuse because the CMs really have no way of knowing.. and the less formal Disney makes it, the easier it will be to abuse.

Look at those examples cited before... the CMs basically just gave a free LL entrance because they had no way to verify any information nor give them something more granular... so the CM just gave them a free return. From a guest recovery persective.. it's the right thing to do.

The problem is two fold... 1) Now those customers will keep expecting that kind of response as their normal accomodation.. instead of just recognizing it as a bail out move and 2) People will recognize the bail out situations and start to abuse it.

With no way to know who really is in line, or how long, or anything... CMs are stuck with just 'what they are told' and if they give away too much, they create woes... if they don't give away enough, the guests will freak out. It's doomed.

mhumphr6

Here is a thought, what stops someone from doing rider swab and then the person who waits in line just turns around and requests Attraction Queue Re-Entry and says they are a single rider?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom